Foreign films

Tools    

What foreign films do you like?

I liked Taxi 1-4 (not the US copy). Most Manga films. The Daimajin trilogy. Mortadelo Y Philemon. The (Chinese) Royal Jester series. It's a beautiful life. The Japanese monster films, notably Godzilla (even the pre 1984 ones).

reservoir dogs circa 1881
nothing wrong with a ggod foreign language to be fair im english so even american made films can be classed as foreign to me so im gonna assume were talking about subtitled efforts ill go with pans labyrinth,the orphanage,crouching tiger hidden dragon,nikita,betty blue pretty much any japanese horror thats been remade,brotherhood of the wolf,hard boiled,oldboy,r-point,devils backbone,the host and i was also fond of quite abit of manga myself in my youth still have a soft spot for akira and fist of the north star

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im from the uk so does american films count as foreign films? roflmao!

Im only joking I couldnt resist!

http://www.movieforums.com/community...earchid=860032

This thread should be locked and all who responded before me should be severely e-spanked.
I tried your link and no matches found. However I did find that someone had beat me to this thread (as I'm new here, I missed it).

nothing wrong with a good foreign language to be fair im english so even american made films can be classed as foreign to me so im gonna assume were talking about subtitled efforts ill go with pans labyrinth,the orphanage,crouching tiger hidden dragon,nikita,betty blue pretty much any japanese horror thats been remade,brotherhood of the wolf,hard boiled,oldboy,r-point,devils backbone,the host and i was also fond of quite abit of manga myself in my youth still have a soft spot for akira and fist of the north star
Pan's Labyrinth wasn't bad. A bit strange and difficult to categorize. I never saw what all the fuss was about with Crouching Tiger. It was about average as such films are concerned. Japanese Horror I think they concentrate too much on atmosphere and not enough on horror. Many have endings which leaves you guessing. Thai horror can be quite funny.

I watched Akira again about a month back. Still an excellent film. It has been long years since I watched Fist of the North Star. Pinocchio in Outer Space which I saw maybe 25 years ago was as good as the Disney Pinocchio but has long since vanished, along with Space Firebird (based on Swan Lake), etc. I think the only manga I didn't like was Grave of the Fireflies which is unremitting gloom and doom. I suspect it was a film the director felt he had to make. Have you seen Steam Boy?

I tried your link and no matches found. Did you have something to say? Possibly subtitles are beyond you since there are lots of good foreign films?
I don't know why it doesn't work, but if you do a search for "foreign films" you'll get about 20 threads on the subject. Happy reading...