Your Favorite Gun Battles

Tools    

I searched the forums but i didn't find one with this subject, so i was just wondering what were y'alls favorites gun battle from a movie.
here are some of my favs. Not in any order, just typed them as i thought of them.

1. Tombstone, OK Corral scene.
2. Rundown, the Rock with a shotgun.
3. Equilibrium, opening scene in the dark.
4. Matrix, the lobby scene.
5. Boondock Saints, six men with guns, or is it one man with six guns?
6. Scarface, the final Tony Montana scene.
7. Desperado, opening story scene told by Steve Buscemi.
8. True Romance, the final scene in the hotel.
9. Enemy at the Gates, when Jude Law is taking out the German officers as the explosions go off, near the beginning.

Arthur: If I asked you where the hell we were, would I regret it?
Ford: We're safe.
Arthur: Oh good.
Ford: We're in a small galley cabin in one of the spaceships of the Vogon Constructor Fleet.
Arthur: Ah, this is obviously some strange use of the word safe that I wasn't previously aware of.

Reservoir Dogs-the Mexican standoff at the end

pretty much every scene in Desperado or Once Apon a Time in Mexico.

the Matrix-the lobby scene in the first one.

Good, the Bad, and the Ugly-the standoff in the graveyard.
And found he was eating his shoe.

A memorable one for me would include the big gun scene towards the end of Last Man Standing with Bruce Willis's character shooting out the badguys single-handidly.

Un-Registered user
Has any of you seen The Killer? directed by John Woo and staring Chow Yun Fat..thats got 2 big really kick ass gun battles at the end!

Black Hawk Down is basically one giant gun battle.

Originally Posted by Daffyd
Has any of you seen The Killer? directed by John Woo and staring Chow Yun Fat..thats got 2 big really kick ass gun battles at the end!
Isn't that called "The Killing"? I've never actually seen it but Quentin Tarantino was talking about it on my Reservoir Dogs DVD so I'm almost certain it's the "Killing".

No, the flick Tarantino was referencing on the Reservoir Dogs DVD was probably Stanley Kubrick's The Killing (1956), which utilized a broken time structure to recount the heist of a racetrack. Die xue Shuang Xiong [The Killer] (1989) is John Woo's best-known Hong Kong film, starring Chow Yun-Fat, which is itself a reworking of Jean-Pierre Melville's Le Samurai (1967). And the "Mexican stand-off" in Reservoir Dogs is a direct reference to another John Woo movie: Yinghung Bunsik 2 [A Better Tomorrow II] (1987), also starring Chow Yun-Fat.

Anyway, the best, most influential gunfight in modern cinematic history hasn't even been mentioned yet: the bloody finale of Sam Peckinpah's masterpiece The Wild Bunch (1969) [see my avatar], a balletic orgy of violence.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Heat's got a nice one.

Cheers, Martin

Nice to see someone mentioned The Wild Bunch, I was about to mention it as well, definitely best gun fight of all time.

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid has a decent gun battle.

Unforgivens is pretty cool, and nothing beats

Little Bill Daggett: You just shot an unarmed man.
Bill Munny: He should have armed himself if he's gonna decorate his saloon with my friend.

Oh, yeah, definately, yeah.
Now this is m kinda thread. lol.

The Boondock Saints - When they come thru the roof and the battle outside the hitmans house.

The Matrix Trilogy - The Lobby Scene, the gunfight in the lobby of the S&M club

Equilibrium - The beginning in the dark and the end when he goes to kill father.

Desperado and Once Upon a Time in Mexico - The opening scene in desperado and the bar gun fight (when we see Quentin Tarantinos character). When Agent Sands has his eyes gouged out and hes shooting the ppl blind.

The Untouchables - The gunfight in the trainstation

Reservoir Dogs - When Mr. Blonde is dancin to Stuck in the Middle with You and torturing the cop. Ok it wasnt a gunfight, but Mr. Orange shoots him with a GUN

Tomb Raider - The gunfight in her mansion when shes on teh bungee and then it goes into the garage.

Those are some classy scenes.

oh, i LOVE battle scenes, but i like really big, lots of people killing each other battle scenes...so my favs are:
LOTRs-Helm's Deep and all the battle scenes in the third movie
The Last Samurai-as much as i hate the fact that Tom Cruise was the only one left alive, i liked that battle scene near the end
Galipolly-i don't know how to spell it, but it had good battle scenes at the end

Originally Posted by quiball
oh, i LOVE battle scenes, but i like really big, lots of people killing each other battle scenes...so my favs are:
LOTRs-Helm's Deep and all the battle scenes in the third movie
The Last Samurai-as much as i hate the fact that Tom Cruise was the only one left alive
The first of which features no guns, the second of which only one side employs firearms.

i liked that battle scene near the end
Galipolly-i don't know how to spell it, but it had good battle scenes at the end
Gallipoli (1981)

The ending gunfight of Open Range was pretty good and realistic. Kudo's to the sound editor.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

dam i just decided to post on this thread to be the first to say open range and wut do u know,its been said.man i can watch that gunfight all day long.But the fights in equilibrium r pretty good.full metal jacket at the end is great,along with the final scene in saving private ryan.and u cant forget the hilarious Bren gun shooting scene in "lock stock and two smoking barrels".the mexican standoff is alright in reservor dogs but the one in pulp fiction is better because of the dialog involved.desperado is great also. And the Seinfield character (the 3rd man or wutever) in pulp fiction wen he comes bursting outa the bathroom is hilarious.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
The ending gunfight of Open Range was pretty good and realistic. Kudo's to the sound editor.

That was absolutely nothing compared to the Once upon a time in the west Opening scene at the train station. harmonica took out the 3 henchmen.

ALSO the greatest gun fight scene Frank VS. Harmonica the final battle. the music, the tension, the history. JUST BEAUTIFUL!

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
The scene in Miller's Crossing with Leo(Albert Finney) and the Thompson machine gun.

The shootout in the hotel at the end of The Getaway(1972).

[quote=Holden Pike]The first of which features no guns, the second of which only one side employs firearms.QUOTE]
Sorry, I completely missed the "gun" part...

Let's see:

Scarface The final scene in Tony Montana's mansion... The ending really suprised me the first time I saw it.

True Romance The stand-off at the hotel. (Just another bit of information: I think Quentin's ending is loads better than the one in the movie.

A Better Tomorrow 2 The scene in the end... it's been so long since I've seen it... but I think you know what I'm talking about. And I'm pretty sure it was in the second one... I could be wrong though, I suppose.

Unforgiven Can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet... anyway, it's the seen where William Munny goes totally badass in the bar after he see's Ned Logan's corpse outside on the porch.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly The final stand-off... not a lot of action in this scene but the tension that it builds up is great.

Reservoir Dogs The final scene.

Probably tons more... I just can't think of them right now.

I must become Caligari..!
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Anyway, the best, most influential gunfight in modern cinematic history hasn't even been mentioned yet: the bloody finale of Sam Peckinpah's masterpiece The Wild Bunch (1969) [see my avatar], a balletic orgy of violence.
I wasnt a huge fan of the film but the shootouts were amazing, Especialy the first one,

Originally Posted by Garret
Unforgiven Can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet...
Originally Posted by Tolstoy
Unforgivens is pretty cool,
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
No, the flick Tarantino was referencing on the Reservoir Dogs DVD was probably Stanley Kubrick's The Killing (1956), which utilized a broken time structure to recount the heist of a racetrack. Die xue Shuang Xiong [The Killer] (1989) is John Woo's best-known Hong Kong film, starring Chow Yun-Fat, which is itself a reworking of Jean-Pierre Melville's Le Samurai (1967). And the "Mexican stand-off" in Reservoir Dogs is a direct reference to another John Woo movie: Yinghung Bunsik 2 [A Better Tomorrow II] (1987), also starring Chow Yun-Fat.
You know what, you're right. And Tarantino did a tribute to Godard and Melville on the DVD and he mentioned Le Samurai. But anyway, thanks for the help.

And I say, 'I'm dead,' and I move.
The Crow, has one ace gun shootout!