If you had a time machine...

Tools    

May The Forks be With Us
I would go into the past with all the answers to the lottery and become richer than Bill Gates.

I would also stop some people from doing some bad stuff.

I would kill Saddam Huessien and Osama bin Laden before they were born and find the roots or terrorism and burn it to the ground.

I would go back into biblical times and watch the crucifiction and go see the 7 curses that fell upon egypt( i think it was 7).

Finally I would go into the future and see if apes really do rule the world or if monsters live underground and if they did I would go back until it hadnt happened yet and stop it from happening. That would be fun

"Snozberries taste like snozberries"

Randomly visiting for now
Woah this thread is cool let's see now

1) I'd go back and kill that butterfly that Mr. Chaos was talking about, nasty Typhoon that was.

2) Then i'd go back to roman times and watch the fights at the colleseum, it'd be awesome to see the naval battles where they filled the pits with water, through this ingenious method of transporting water.

3) Then I'd probably go back and listen first hand to Martin Luther King's speech, the one with "I have a dream", I listened to the recording but it just isn't the same.

4) I also (like Animal Mother) would go back and go to Woodstock, ahhh that'd be so awesome, I heard that Jimmi Hendrix lit his guitar on fire while playing, woah how cool would that be.

5) It's be fun to go back to the Summer of Love and go mental with the hippies and their drugs for a while, just to let go of all my hassles.

6) Perhaps I would also go back in time and punch out the peodophile who raped my friend, those kind of scars never heal.....sorry a bit personal

7) On a more lighter note I wouldn't mind going back to the time when I took a photo of all my friends in year 9, we were all soaking wet and we'd just beaten the local kids in a soccer match (which never happens). Those were the days........sniff sniff......

I would go back to the time of the old West and with me I would take a couple of bullet proof vests and start roaming the countryside, dueling scum and making a regla visits to the saloon!!! Yee-haa!

Oh course I would accuse coupla people for insulting my mule!

GimmeGoodRep
I would go back and get on a diet earlier and keep willing myself to keep up with it. Then I would go back and stop Ken Caminati from making those bad decisions with drugs and stop Christopher Reeves from going to his ranch before he broke his back. I would stop all the celebrities that have died from drugs and obestiy and get them on a diet. Then i would go back and be a spectator to the dinosuars and then the romans and then go watch the Ramones and Led Zepplin in concert when they were in their prime. I would also stop ozzy osbourne for doing drugs and eating live animals on stage. But i also believe in choas theory so it could all go terribly wrong. aaa who cares atleast I would have some fun.

Donate blood, move to Houston in the summer.

OOOOOO I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner, because that is what I truly want to be, And if I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner Everyone Would be in love with me!!!!!

Originally Posted by TheMatrix
I would go back and get on a diet earlier and keep willing myself to keep up with it. Then I would go back and stop Ken Caminati from making those bad decisions with drugs and stop Christopher Reeves from going to his ranch before he broke his back. I would stop all the celebrities that have died from drugs and obestiy and get them on a diet. Then i would go back and be a spectator to the dinosuars and then the romans and then go watch the Ramones and Led Zepplin in concert when they were in their prime. I would also stop ozzy osbourne for doing drugs and eating live animals on stage. But i also believe in choas theory so it could all go terribly wrong. aaa who cares atleast I would have some fun.
Did you not learn anything from that simpsons episode?

So many good movies, so little time.
Mr. Victor Mature was the one and only Doc Holiday in my eyes.

I loved Victor Mature in My Darling Clementine but Doc Holiday was from Georgia not Boston. I'll take Val Kilmer's bizarre and interesting interpretation in a movie that should have been much better.

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

Originally Posted by uconjack

I loved Victor Mature in My Darling Clementine but Doc Holiday was from Georgia not Boston. I'll take Val Kilmer's bizarre and interesting interpretation in a movie that should have been much better.
Fair enough.

LOL sorry it took awhile! Yes Dane Cook does rule!

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I'd fast forward four years.

Yeah but the only problem there is the same thing will happen again. They will say they want change but will they? No of course not people dont like new routines. They get used to what they have now and rather keep it that way which I believe to be a croc of **** but thats just me.

Originally Posted by The_Elephant_Man
Yeah but the only problem there is the same thing will happen again. They will say they want change but will they? No of course not people dont like new routines. They get used to what they have now and rather keep it that way which I believe to be a croc of **** but thats just me.
Everyone is different, you can't generalise that much, because me and my friends love change and we change all the time. Change clothes, countries, continents, foods, hair, sex (ok that was weird and only one of my friends did that). But maybe you just live in a really conservative place man, check out some other cultures and you'll find that what is true for say Americans is very different for say South African people.

Routine is boring and studies show that people enjoy changing their lives, searching for a new more better future, it is this search that consumes our lives and makes it a journey worth living with it's dizzying highs and its painful lows. It might be fun to imagine going back and changing things but for me whatever will be will be, just ride.

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by SpoOkY
Routine is boring and studies show that people enjoy changing their lives, searching for a new more better future, it is this search that consumes our lives and makes it a journey worth living with it's dizzying highs and its painful lows.
don't get wishes and reality mixed up... and where do those "studies" come from? mine rather shows that people everywhere fear changes, are conservative, which means they wanna *conserve* what they already possess and are NOT ready to risk anything (or at least, that much) for changes' sake. They need routine to give them security, or a feeling of being secure, everyone's afraid of impermanence. And when i say not to mix up desires/wishes and reality, i mean i do NOT want people to be that way, i'd prefer them to be ready for revolution and struggle for ideals, but the sad reality is: give people a second TV set (well i guess for Americans that's not much), a third car, a summer house somewhere in the South, and they'll show how much they care for ideals. Heard about all those yuppies caring for career only? Do you think (relatively) rich people in their pretty (boring) row houses care about the rest of the world? They talk about their dog and garden and the last elections, is all. And more important, do you think poor people, who are actually ready to fight for something BECAUSE they are poor!, would still be what they are once you'll give them what they want? They would denounce their neighbor to be just as rich as them, given the opportunity... is that idealism? A wish for change? No, just envy.
Look at the French revolution... was it made by the *people*, like unfortunately all schools keep telling us? Well, no! That so-called revolution was made by the bourgeoisie, envious of the richer noblesse. Envy, is all! Not even ideals of Oh! democracy! Oh! equality! those pretty words came after as a justification for massacring noble children and poor peasants faithful to the noblesse. And the same keeps happening all over the world, people, rich or poor, want security, possession of goods, and routine. A small minority, only!, is ready for changes. And they're mostly people who don't have anything. And i'm talking a whole life here, not being ready to change, or being revolutionary, when one is 18 or 20 years old, which is easy. But, keeping that feeling, that wish and desire for change a whole life? Maybe i've met 1, 2? persons like that in my lifetime so far. Me included.

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
I don't have the time to read every post. Good thread OG.
wouldn't it be fun to go back when little internet companies were starting out and then like buy a butt load of stocks?

Originally Posted by chicagofrog
don't get wishes and reality mixed up... and where do those "studies" come from? mine rather shows that people everywhere fear changes, are conservative, which means they wanna *conserve* what they already possess and are NOT ready to risk anything (or at least, that much) for changes' sake.
These studies are research into young adults between the ages of 18-26 but you're right in saying predominately people want to conserve what they have. People fear big changes I think, but in Australia by the age of 32 the average person will have had 9 jobs, what does that say, not that they're all getting fired but rather seeking something new. Ok ok that's a small percentage of the world in that we are a westernized culture, but your statements seem to reflect this same culture (wherever you are). Perhaps I just love risk and it makes me feel human to jump on a plane halfway around the world work for 6 months, earn enough money and then travel to Europe and spend it all (ok I only did that once). definately previous generations are conservative as you say but my generation the 'Y' generation is the largest since the baby boomers and according to business statistics are giving the huge brands like Levi and Nike the cold shoulder and instead buying new brands and new styles (change). Also this new generation is addicted to technology such as the internet, mobile phones, computers and Movies with the best effects, if this isn't the most constantly changing aspect of our world I don't know what is.

My view simply reflects the new generation coming and maybe that's wrong I guess we'll find out.

Originally Posted by iluv2viddyfilms
But seriously if I did have a time machine, I'd pull a Biff from Back to the Future Part II
, but that's just weird because then you would be somebody else right, does that mean you would be dead, ow this time travel thing is confusing lets go back to going to see interesting things mmmm?

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by SpoOkY
These studies are research into young adults between the ages of 18-26. definately previous generations are conservative as you say but my generation the 'Y' generation is the largest since the baby boomers and according to business statistics are giving the huge brands like Levi and Nike the cold shoulder and instead buying new brands and new styles (change). Also this new generation is addicted to technology such as the internet, mobile phones, computers and Movies with the best effects, if this isn't the most constantly changing aspect of our world I don't know what is.
let's see if this generation is different than others, but i don't believe so. as soon as they'll be 30ish...
my grandmother fought against the police mounted on horses, and now tells me not to deal with politics.
and computers and the Net etc. are just a comfortable way to look at "changes" from a distance, i'd say, to get yr dose of "changes" still changing nothing in real life. what characterizes this Y generation is not a will to change, but a need to escape..
plus, take their computer away (to change their life for example) and they'll cry for you not to change anything in their habits! cuz they NEED their computer! another addiction, another possession...

There are those who call me...Tim.
Originally Posted by 2wrongs
I don't have the time to read every post. Good thread OG.
wouldn't it be fun to go back when little internet companies were starting out and then like buy a butt load of stocks?
Buy a 49% share from Bill Gates as a "favour" to help him out. Why not 51% you may ask? Well, I just want the money, not the hassle.

But seriously, I'd go back in time and save John Lennon from being shot. It's weird but I get really angry sometimes when I think about it, about how he was finally getting his life back together and was going to visit his family, before some idiot pulled a gun on him.
At least we've still got Ringo though *holds on to early Thomas the Tank video tapes*

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
If I could affect changes, I'd stop the burning of witches in Salem and tell my father, on that last ride home from work, "don't pass the truck".

If I could just go and be a part of things and not change anything, then I'd see the openings of Shakespeare's plays with Glitter, spend a couple of months in ancient Greece and find out what happened to Sir Walter Raleigh's Lost Colony in 1587.