Iron Man Wouldn’t Work Today According To Black Panther Writer

Tools    

This is clearly what you believe your reaction would be, but why universalize it?
This isn't necessarily what my reaction would be. I would probably simply double up on security in the future or perhaps just demonstrate my new weapons on American soil - with the proper permits, of course.

Put another way: do you think everyone would react this way? Probably not, right? So the question then is why you think this particular character would. The fact that you don't find it personally convincing is a perfectly reasonable thing to say, but it's not, by itself, reason enough to say that the film is objectively inconsistent or lacks logic.
In my experience, people don't generally change their world view which they've built up over years and decades based on one month's bad experience. That's why most movies with character arcs like this (especially superhero movies) have someone close to them die. They don't always have to do this but they need to find something just as strong to replace it.

Why doesn't it show him that? At minimum, it shows him how easily they can be hijacked and misused. He's a lot more protected and capable than most of the people the weapons put at risk, so he can reasonably infer from his experience that it's happening in other cases.
We aren't specifically told how easy it was for the terrorists to steal his weapons. If he found out that something like 60% of his weapons were being intercepted by the enemy, then his change would make more sense to me.

Sure it does, in the very actions you're questioning. You're simultaneously saying that him doing these things doesn't make sense, but then also excluding those things as possible evidence for the film "saying" these things.

And the movie puts a big, glowing exclamation point on the idea in the final line, where he decides to come out and say he's Iron Man. It's pretty elegant, actually; he starts off impersonally stamping his name on bombs and not caring where they go, and he ends giving a name to the weapon he, personally, has become, for everyone to see.
I'm not trying to be a snob but most intelligent film critics wouldn't call the superhero hero genre 'elegant'. And I don't see the connection between his revealing he's Ironman to his earlier character flip.

In my experience, people don't generally change their world view which they've built up over years and decades based on one month's bad experience. That's why most movies with character arcs like this (especially superhero movies) have someone close to them die. They don't always have to do this but they need to find something just as strong to replace it.
I'm not sure I understand why it's believable for a character to change if someone close to them dies, but not if they themselves almost die. Seems like both could very easily trigger a reevaluation of priorities. And, again, in real life, they absolutely do.

And whether people generally undergo meaningful personal changes in real life doesn't matter, because those kinds of changes are the building blocks of drama. The mere act of telling a story carries with it the implication that it's a story about something worth hearing, which means something dramatic or exceptional. There's no "story" otherwise. And the mere act of watching a movie means accepting, up front, that you're about to hear something outside of the ordinary.

I'm also not sure I'd say he changes his world view to begin with, since again, he doesn't become a pacifist. He doesn't completely flip his beliefs about the use of violence or force to combat evil. He just reevaluates his role in the, ahem, war machine.

We aren't specifically told how easy it was for the terrorists to steal his weapons.
I think I kinda answered this preemptively earlier:
If you're expecting every possible follow-up question--even the ones with fairly obvious answers--to have a sequence in the movie that specifically addresses it, then I think you're holding this film to a different standard than others.
I'm not trying to be a snob but most intelligent film critics wouldn't call the superhero hero genre 'elegant'. And I don't see the connection between his revealing he's Ironman to his earlier character flip.
I don't think you're a snob for saying that, though I don't especially care if most critics would use that word or not. Regardless, I didn't call the genre elegant, I said this particular parallel in this particular film was.

I'm not sure how else to explain the connection, so perhaps you could tell me which part of that quote didn't connect or make sense for you.