Ashamed of being American

Tools    

Semper Fooey
I feel like the overwhelming majority of arguments in this thread are about cultural stereotypes and broad generalizations.
Only you and Tripod are taking this discussion seriously (and Tripod may be trolling, which would just leave you).

"He has all the time in the world ... "
Popeye can beat Wimpy's ass!
Maybe, but do they sell a decent vindaloo or faal?

Anyways, about McDo's.... At least they try to make Brits feel welcome too.
You do realise that you guys drive on the same side of the road as the French right? I'm not going to read anything into that btw ...

Semper Fooey
Maybe, but do they sell a decent vindaloo or faal?
Popeye doesn't even know how to spell that.

Popeye doesn't even know how to spell that.
He should ask Olive Oyl or get a good spellchecker.

Semper Fooey
If England wasn't so mean to the Puritans there would never be a United States.

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier
Only you and Tripod are taking this discussion seriously (and Tripod may be trolling, which would just leave you).
You know I don't hate America, but their attitude towards race and stuff is shockingly backwards, even now.

You do realise that you guys drive on the same side of the road as the French right? I'm not going to read anything into that btw ...
Ah, that must be an example of the superior british linguistic skills I've heard so much about.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Ah, that must be an example of the superior british linguistic skills I've heard so much about.
So, speaking semiotically & counting various indigenous linguistic tropes, nuances & dialects, when you say British, do you mean *English, Welsh Gaelic, Manx Gaelic, Scottish Gaelic or Cornish Gaelic? As there's no such language as 'British'.

*Is that Frisian, Anglo-Saxon, Mercian, post Danelaw Norse, Norman, Chancery or Middle English?

If England wasn't so mean to the Puritans there would never be a United States.
I've never been mean to the Puritans. (They asked for it, they started it anyway ... I blame Cromwell for cancelling Christmas)

So, speaking semiotically & counting various indigenous linguistic tropes, nuances & dialects, when you say British, do you mean *English, Welsh Gaelic, Manx Gaelic, Scottish Gaelic or Cornish Gaelic? As there's no such language as 'British'.

*Is that Frisian, Anglo-Saxon, Mercian, post Danelaw Norse, Norman, Chancery or Middle English?

You know I don't hate America, but their attitude towards race and stuff is shockingly backwards, even now.
Yeah, you're right. Never mind the diversity and laws protecting against discrimination, America is RACIST.

Yeah, those guys.
People who drink tea & went to university?

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier
Yeah, you're right. Never mind the diversity and laws protecting against discrimination, America is RACIST.
I lol'd. It's not just racism. America's got it just as bad, with it's racism, obesity, homophobia, and fascism. If the French are always blatantly accused of having it, America has it just as worse.

Yeah, let's equate intelligence with etiquette & affectation. There's no danger of racial or cultural stereotyping there then.

MY GOD ... HE'S NOT WEARING A TIE ... THE BOUNDER ...

*Drops monocle & copy of The Times on my muffins*

And the lifted pinky. Don't forget the lifted pinky.
Well, that goes without saying doesn't it squire? Otherwise you won't be able to dunk your chocolate digestives in your Earl Grey properly ... & we can't have that.

I lol'd. It's not just racism. America's got it just as bad, with it's racism, obesity, homophobia, and fascism. If the French are always blatantly accused of having it, America has it just as worse.
What?

Have you ever actually been to France? The French love everybody ... except La Roast Beefs.

Anyway, we don't eat roast beef every day, sometimes we have Vegemite sandwiches. I'd rather eat roast beef than amphibious limbs any day!