Ashamed of being American

Tools    

"He has all the time in the world ... "
If you can support Ron Paul then I believe USA can start down the right path again instead of the profitable Corporate path.
LOL! Oh yeah ... & read plenty of Friedrich (Von) Hayek as well!

Sorry, gandalf26, you should really think about developing a stand-up routine. You'd be hilarious!

Why are so many people hating on the police? My wife used to be a police officer and I have friends that still are cops. It's not an easy job, people. Every single person you encounter in your job could be the person that kills you. Even people you pull over for a traffic stop and kids riding skateboards. If that sort of situation doesn't allow for a certain level of force and precaution then I don't know what does.

Concerning the brotherhood aspect, if a police officer can't count on the people backing him up then he is in a bad spot. They get along the way they do because most of the time they have to. That's one of the reasons my wife stopped being an officer, she didn't feel she could always count on the people she worked with.

Now, of course there are bad seeds in every group, but does that mean we have to hate the police? It'd be absurd to do so, wouldn't it? Besides, these are the people that you would all call on in an emergency situation. If your relationship with them is based on constant distrust, what do you do when encountered with a situation that requires their help?

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier
Welcome to America. Where the obesity rate gets higher because damn kids can't get enough McRibs, and where police think that just because they have shiny boots and a badge they feel the need to view non-cops as lower life-forms. When I said England was a better place, I wasn't kidding. Now I know why sometimes English people have elitism against Americans and such, and I don't blame them..

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Why are so many people hating on the police? My wife used to be a police officer and I have friends that still are cops. It's not an easy job, people. Every single person you encounter in your job could be the person that kills you. Even people you pull over for a traffic stop and kids riding skateboards. If that sort of situation doesn't allow for a certain level of force and precaution then I don't know what does.
If you allow yourself to start thinking like that then you should be the last person carrying a gun, if you are thinking that any second you could die from someone you pass on the sidewalk or someone you pull over then you are going to become paranoid and end up doing something like the cops in the video or worse.

Welcome to America. Where the obesity rate gets higher because damn kids can't get enough McRibs, and where police think that just because they have shiny boots and a badge they feel the need to view non-cops as lower life-forms. When I said England was a better place, I wasn't kidding. Now I know why sometimes English people have elitism against Americans and such, and I don't blame them..

If you allow yourself to start thinking like that then you should be the last person carrying a gun, if you are thinking that any second you could die from someone you pass on the sidewalk or someone you pull over then you are going to become paranoid and end up doing something like the cops in the video or worse.
&feature=related

When I said England was a better place, I wasn't kidding. Now I know why sometimes English people have elitism against Americans and such, and I don't blame them..
Oh yeah, don't get me started about The West Midlands Serious Frame Squad & I don't even want to mention 'kettling'.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikiped...United_Kingdom

Semper Fooey
How can you be ashamed of being an American when you see something like this?

Benny Hill rules!

After watching The Red Riding Trilogy I'm not to big on the British Police force.
I've not seen the trilogy, They were shown on Channel 4 (TV) originally. C4 used to be good with drama/documentaries many years ago. I remember living in Wales & watching S4C (Sianel Pedwar Cymru) & not being able to watch a lot of daytime TV in English. They did show English speaking programmes as well though. Either way, it's the sort of thing Channel 4 used to do well before digital channels took over more. But, concerning 'Red Riding' remember:

"Though real crimes are featured, the scripts are fictionalised and dramatised versions of events rather than contemporary factual accounts." ~ Wikipedia

I think that the police are the same in every country more or less. They are just human beings like all of the rest of us. There are good apples & rotten apples. I think, apart from a lot of corruption issues, many English & Welsh police forces allowed themselves to be used politically during the Thatcher years. Particularly during the coalminer's strikes. This divided many Welsh, Midlands & Northern communities so badly the scars have yet to heal. I find it difficult to forgive the West Mercian Police for many of the things that happened during those times. To be fair, one or two policemen came forward & admitted they were ordered to start a lot of the violence & pin it on the miners. This & they were helped by the Murdoch press to point the finger at strikers. And we know where those orders ultimately came from, don't we?

How can you be ashamed of being an American when you see something like this?

Benny Hill rules!
You know no one in England ever really watched the Benny Hill show don't you?

Welcome to America...When I said England was a better place, I wasn't kidding.
Welcome to England where service with a smile has been replaced by service with a face like a smacked arse, and a loogie in your meal.

Where the £25 fillet steak is the size of a postage stamp and tough as old boots.

It's not all bad in America you know.

Yeah, Limey bashing ... that always makes Americans feel better.

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier
Welcome to England where service with a smile has been replaced by service with a face like a smacked arse, and a loogie in your meal.

Where the £25 fillet steak is the size of a postage stamp and tough as old boots.

It's not all bad in America you know.
Toddlers get treated with REAL, ettique, cuisine for lunch in France and us American's from toddler to teen (and this is coming from a teen) are stuck with processed, grotesque looking food that make us American's keep on going back for it more. Meanwhile, college/high school kids are risking getting tickets and speeding in their car just to get McDonald's for their lunch break. Even toddlers in France are getting served a real French cuisine and have class. Why is it that the French have a balanced meal plan and fast food is dominating America just to make a quick buck?

Only when using real sticks.

That's a big stick.

I remember when I was an angst filled high schooler. I still loved my country, though.