Story-line Predictions for Once upon a time Hollywood

Tools    

I didn't want to jumble this thread with another Once up a time Hollywood thread because that was just so random. This thread is specific. I want you guys to predict story lines in the movie based on Tarantino aesthetics. I am sure he is not going to veer off very much from his default story telling aesthetics.

- In this movie we are dealing with cult. So,I am sure there will be stand offs scenes like the basement scene from inglorious basterds.

- Charles manson is a stuff of nightmare and legend in Hollywood. Many famous superstars had a brush with him including steve mcqueen. So we might have some scenes where Manson and these movie stars discuss the difference/similarities between his cult and the cult of fandom for movie stars.

- Since Pitt and DiCaprio characters are fictional and since Tarantino is a huge fan and apologist of Polanski he will try and save Sharon Tate in the movie. Most of the occurrences in Manson murders are not these elaborately planned events and they are just result of coincidences on part of the victims . Sharon tate was killed because she was in the wrong house at the wrong time. The owner of the house who rented it to Polanski is a record label producer who declined to work with Manson and in turn his house was chosen to be part of a killing spree. So I think Pitt and DiCaprio characters are the extra added fictional people who just might avoid lot of people from being killed by Manson and his followers. Had there been people like them in real life back in 60s, they just might have saved people from the killing spree. So they might just bee the saviors that were not available at the time. I know its geeky and nerdy stuff but knowing tarantino he will do something like this.

- I think pitt and dicaprio being stunt double and star will play a role in the movie due to their similarity in looks . One taking others place in being killed by Manson followers when the other escapes. It would be interesting to see what kind of relationship they have..is it more boss and assistant/pals/best buddies/jealousy between a stunt man and the star...that would determine how they get replaced. I find it hard to believe that they both will be with each other like buddies through out the whole movie but then again Tarantino compared their duo to Newman and Redford and in those movies those guys were thick as thieves and they never betrayed each other. So I am not sure of that.

- The ranch where Manson stayed with his followers is a very interesting part and since its played by burt reynolds and dicaprio is a western tv actor so the horses they use in the shows might have something to do with ranches owned by burt reynolds. So, there are all these interesting fascinating ways tarantino can take the story.

- Last but not least the logline of the movie tells that DiCaprio and Pitt are on a odyssey to make a name for themselves. Think of it this way, if you are a fading movie star being type casted then there is no way in hell a movie role will help make a name for yourself in hollywood history. But if you are somehow involved in the manson murders and say you killed manson or his followers or stopped him from killing more people then you can make a name for yourself in hollywood history. So I think tarantino will rewrite history and will make DiCaprio's characters choose between saving his own life and fade away or getting killed by/ killing charles manson and make a name for himself in history of hollywood.

I want your opinions on my points as well as what are your theories about how the movie might shape out. The whole point of this thread is to predict the movie using your imagination and also knowing that this is a tarantino movie. I ask not to merge it with other thread as it would loose its magic.

Sorry, I don't think people speculate about storylines much outside of the major franchises where the storylines have already begun. Otherwise it's kinda just guessing.

I'd say it's particularly counterintuitive to do it for a film based on a true story.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Ima go with this hot take.

"A TV actor and his stunt double embark on an odyssey to make a name for themselves in the film industry during the Charles Manson murders in 1969 Los Angeles."

Sorry, I don't think people speculate about storylines much outside of the major franchises where the storylines have already begun. Otherwise it's kinda just guessing.

I'd say it's particularly counterintuitive to do it for a film based on a true story.
thats true..however its really interesting to guess tarantinos point of view..because in a way django and basterds have similar bone structure.

Yeah, sure, don't mind it. Just not something people are used to doing, I guess. I think the angle you just mentioned is actually more interesting, though: wondering if they'll follow a similar route, or if the fact that this is about a very specific (and more recent) event means he'll hew closer to reality.

Yeah, sure, don't mind it. Just not something people are used to doing, I guess. I think the angle you just mentioned is actually more interesting, though: wondering if they'll follow a similar route, or if the fact that this is about a very specific (and more recent) event means he'll hew closer to reality.
I don't think Hollywood would green light a movie that contains a scene where a pregnant actress is murdered by some people especially after metoo movement for a budget of 100 million $. I am not judging here but Tarantino is an apologist of Polanski. So he is not going to recreate the events as they are and hurt his Idol Polanski . He will do something similar to inglorious basterds and kill Manson in the hands to Sharon Tate . But I am not really sure how the academy awards with the newly added voters containing people of color will embrace a movie like that. I was shocked at how similar Inglourious basterds opening scene and django unchained dinner scene were. So I don't think he will surprise in this movie much. The circumstances will be different but one can expect a stand off scene like basement scene or something like that.