@people who didn't love la la land - have you ever been in love?

Tools    

Mine are short, nd have coffee granules under them. Yours are short because you're a musician, and spotless.

Sorry for the hijack, mlaturno. You know I lubs ya, man. And I really did like this movie; I just didnt LOVE it, mostly because I felt sad at how shallow loopy land is.
Close but mine are as I described yours.

OK, yeah..sorry. Back to Ga Ga Land, my bad. Thanks, Dani!

@people who don't like Robocop?

I see people harp over the stop motion animation of Enforcement Droid Series 209 not having aged well, or whatever else, but I feel like that misses the point of the movie.
Not to hijack again but the stop motion was silly even back in 1987. It was on purpose, there isn't a doubt in my mind it was paying homage to the old Jason and the Argonauts, Clash of the Titans, etc..

Not to hijack again but the stop motion was silly even back in 1987. It was on purpose, there isn't a doubt in my mind it was paying homage to the old Jason and the Argonauts, Clash of the Titans, etc..
I mean, it's the same age old technique, but I'm guessing the $13 million budget played a role as well. Starship Troopers had 10x the budget, and the CGI still looks great to this day. Not even in the boring hyper realistic way that it does these days.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Do you feel like you've ever done something brutal/cruel/inhuman? If you have but the story of a robotic cop on a killing spree still didn't resonate, why do you think it didn't?
I love robocop and Peter Weller. My initial viewing of that had me thinking it was the most brutal movie I had seen at that time. The most brutal thing I have ever done? I stepped on a cockroach down in the carpark outside my supermarket the other day and apologised to it.

I love robocop and Peter Weller. My initial viewing of that had me thinking it was the most brutal movie I had seen at that time. The most brutal thing I have ever done? I stepped on a cockroach down in the carpark outside my supermarket the other day and apologised to it.
La La Land may be the best film of 2017, and I'm not sure if that says too, too much about the state of movies aside from..Dani, you should always wash your shoes underneath if you've stepped on a roach. The eggs will track back to your house with you. Serious. Be very careful of that.

Ryan Gosling just gets under my skin. His flaring nostrils and conviction of his own self possession, like he's this enlightened hipster..it just drives me nuts to the point where I have to turn away embarrassed.

Ryan Gosling just gets under my skin. His flaring nostrils and conviction of his own self possession, like he's this enlightened hipster..it just drives me nuts to the point where I have to turn away embarrassed.
Ryan Gosling is a national treasure you heathen.

Can't see the pic..tru copy/pasting the bb code link lower to the right side under the direct link addy

Ahh, nevermind. Not sure what happened. You know this gif is unbearable, right? LOL.

I love him. He has the face of a baby bassett hound, and I love them. He was also as funny as hell in Nice Guys.

I'd better warn Mr Dani.

Come to think of it, he refused to even watch this movie because he cant stand musicals so I think he's going in the pizza oven on friday night.
Mr Dani and I have something in common. And no, I'm not going in any ovens.

While I haven't exactly struck gold in the love business, my response to the OP can best be characterized as a wholehearted agreement with all who laughed at the profound (and ultimately silly) generalization this thread attempts to make

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I love him. He has the face of a baby bassett hound, and I love them. He was also as funny as hell in Nice Guys.
I thought The Nice Guys was great.

I thought The Nice Guys was great.
So did I. They were both great together.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
More later, but I didn't love La La Land. It was a good film, with like Howard Hawks said three or four good scenes, although I think it had a couple just OK... meh scenes. I adored two moments in the film, but the characters and the story were too weak to hold the weight of those two brilliant scenes. Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone didn't have the charm of chemistry there for me and for some reason, while Emma Stone is a good actress, I can always see the architecture and gears behind what she does. Gosling is also too stoic for this part and was miscast. He's more Ryan O'Neal than Gene Kelly.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201