Movies You Wish You Could Forget

Tools    

ANYTHING Jay and Silent Bob...Oh, how they aren't funny...
The Cell sucked, but was cool..
American Pie, 1 and 2.
Vertical Limit...what a piece of crap.
Black Hawk Down...the same thing over and over and over again...Someone gets shot and dies. Are we supposed to feel bad for these people, cuz I know I didn't. NO character development whatsoever. Special Effects and more.
Eh, there's a lot, but I'm too lazy to think now :x

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I had a discussion with a friend about Jay and Silent Bob and we both agreed that they are good characters, but are not leading material.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

First and foremost, I wish I could forget about Keanu Reves' bad acting in The Matrix. Talk about horrifying! Bleckkkk!

Also, I could have lived without Ewan McGregor shaking his 'thingy' in my face in Velvet Goldmine. I strongly dislike that movie anyway, but that... well that just put it over the top.

Mulholland Drive came out on video yesterday. Does anyone (that didn't see it in the theatre) wish they could forget it yet? Personally, I don't wish to forget a moment of it.

Originally posted by mecurdius
The reason MH isnt so bad is because when the DVD comes out, I WILL FIGURE IT OUT!
When you figure it out, let me know.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Mystery Man
First and foremost, I wish I could forget about Keanu Reves' bad acting in The Matrix. Talk about horrifying! Bleckkkk!

He hardly spoke. I'm not a huge fan of his, but he wasn't as bad as he previously had been. I thought his best performance to date, was in The Gift. He played an abusive husband and a total @ss, quite well. I'm not going to give up on him...there are worse actors out there.

Speaking of David Lynch, I wish I could forget, Fire Walk With Me. I will never forget that backwards-talking-freak-show-midget, as long as I live.

One movie I wish I could forget is American Beauty. I freaken hated that movie. It was just depressing as all hell. I have never been depressed by a movie, but that Godawful movie managed to break that cycle. Some parts were cute I guess, but they were overshadowed by the nightmare ending. I just never understood why all these people liked it so much. I want to be entertained when I go to the movies. I don't want to be sucked into some dysfnctional families life and come out depressed. Although some films whiuch take on dysfunctional families can be riveting, (such as Ordinary People) But American Beauty lacked that quality. Another thing that gets me is Hollywoods penchant for making films in which the lead character dies. That always pisses me off. Every now and then I don't mind but lately all these critically acclaimed films have someone important dying. And it seems that if someone doesn't die a horrible and tragic death in a movie or have some message to convey, it will have no chance whatsoever in winning an Oscar. Sorry, went off topic and abit overboard. It just irks the hell out of me

Boy, WhiteRabbit: just add that you love Julia Roberts and think she's the best, most beautiful actress of her generation and Sades may actually come to your house and kill you.

BTW, I think American Beauty is extremely overrated. Don't come anywhere apporaching the "hate" you apparently have for it rabbit/cow, but I'm certainly no fan. Stand firm!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

What did you think of Donnie Darko H? I like to think of it as a cross between American Beauty and the Twilight Zone... except better than American Beauty and 99% of the Twilight episodes.

Donnie Darko was a really good little movie. I didn't put it on my top ten of the year, but it would be in the top twenty. Too bad nobody saw it in the theater. There's an audience for it I think, but they never got a chance to see it. It should do well on video though, develop a well-earned cult following.

Loved seeing Katherine Ross again. I still have a major thing for that lady.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by WhiteRabbit
One movie I wish I could forget is American Beauty. I freaken hated that movie. It was just depressing as all hell. I have never been depressed by a movie, but that Godawful movie managed to break that cycle. Some parts were cute I guess, but they were overshadowed by the nightmare ending.
Cute? Grr. Holden's right...throw Julia in that mix of sh*t and I'll buy a weapon.

I just watched Mulholland Drive for the first time last night and loved it! After watching it the first thing I wanted to do was start all over again.

As for a movie I would like to forget... Usual Suspects. I know it's not for the reasons you say Chris... but I would absolutely love to be able to experience that movie from virgin perspective... ohhh yeah!

Wow H, what a weird world we live in! I just watched The Stepford Wives for the first time and commented in my review about how Ross was a foxy lady... didn't even realize she was the shrink in Donnie Darko.

Katharine Ross was stunning back in the late '60s/early '70s. I think she's still quite beautiful, even with the wrinkles in her face from all those sunny days on the plains. She basically retired from the business many years ago (late '80s or so). She's happily married to Sam Elliot (they're still very much together after nearly twenty years), and lives quietly with him out on a nice big ranch. Good to see her on the big screen again in Donnie Darko

And I'd still 'do' her in a New York second.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by mightymose
As for a movie I would like to forget... Usual Suspects. I know it's not for the reasons you say Chris... but I would absolutely love to be able to experience that movie from virgin perspective... ohhh yeah!
I know what you mean...First time I saw it I was blown away, after that, it was just a movie. Still one I like to watch though.

I have to take my damn shoes off to count the number of times I've seen that one The first time my wife watched it was late at night and she fell asleep... I kept telling her to turn it off but she wouldn't listen... she woke up for the last ten minutes and has never forgiven me

The Apple Dumpling Gang and Dangerous Curves (1988). I get depressed just thinking about those two turkeys.

Does Katherine Ross now that she's aged a bit look anything like Mrs. Robinson (Anne Bancroft)?

Because that ol' lady was foxy too.

No, she doesn't look like Anne Bancroft. It's not the best photo, but HERE is a shot from the premiere of hubby's flick The Contender in 2000.

And Bancroft was all of thirty-six in 1967...hardly an old lady (though I agree, quite foxy). Ross was actually twenty-seven when The Graduate was released, only nine years younger than Bancroft.

Katharine Ross is now sixty-two, Bancroft is seventy. Ain't it funny how time slips away?

Why am I here?
I'd love to forget Chasing Amy was ever made!

I'd love to forget batman and robin that film sucked so much oh my f*cking god it sucked!!!

I'd love to forget the cube, and the hole.....

Sic Networks

Originally posted by sadesdrk
Speaking of David Lynch, I wish I could forget, Fire Walk With Me. I will never forget that backwards-talking-freak-show-midget, as long as I live.
i'm with ya there sades.

as to Keannu.......i thought he was the worst actor in the universe until Matrix.......his presence is a better actor than his voice/expression....which isn't saying much.......somehow it worked in Matrix.