Removing watermarks from videos, best methods?

Tools    

I hate watermarks on videos. I was watching an old film noir that I downloaded from Youtube but it had a watermark on it from some TV station that originally aired it. I've seen movies where it looks like they placed a blur tool over where a watermark was and it hides it by blurring it, which looks better.

Does anyone do video editing here? Know of any free programs that can remove or obscure a watermark? And no I'm not trying to upload the video as my own. I just hate watching a classic movie with a station ID or watermark in the corner.

You're probably not realistically going to get a way to just straight-up remove it, particularly with free software. The best you can probably do is just to blur that tiny bit of the screen, but I wonder if that's necessarily better. Your call, I suppose.

For something that simple, even a built-in editor like Windows MovieMaker might do the trick. If not, DaVinci Resolve has a free version. But it'll involve a little bit of a learning curve, so you'll have to care about this a fair bit for it to be worthwhile, I think.

You're probably not realistically going to get a way to just straight-up remove it, particularly with free software. The best you can probably do is just to blur that tiny bit of the screen, but I wonder if that's necessarily better. Your call, I suppose.

For something that simple, even a built-in editor like Windows MovieMaker might do the trick. If not, DaVinci Resolve has a free version. But it'll involve a little bit of a learning curve, so you'll have to care about this a fair bit for it to be worthwhile, I think.
Thanks...I seen one old movie that someone had used the blur over the watermark and I preferred that over the watermark itself. I should mention I need a cross platform as I use Linux. DaVinci Resolve free version will work on Linux but the learning curve might be an issue for me. Any others?