If I had 20 bucks in my paw right now I would go buy....

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
A movie...DUH..
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
a baby seal

I'd just hang onto it...but if I must pick something, I'd call Adam later today and use it on a movie, if at all possible. If not that, then yeah, I'd buy a DVD online or something.

I do have twenty bucks in my hand, and in an hour or so I'm going to buy the Criterion DVD of Kurosawa's Rashomon (1950), which streets today. It'll actually be closer to thirty bucks, but I have a ten to go with that twenty.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I would pick up a DVD... probably two cheap ones. Quantity over Quality people! LOL

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
yeah picked up the exterminator and maniac cop on one dvd for a £5er the other day, was well chuffed

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
you could buy a baby owl...

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Fez Wizardo
you could buy a baby owl...
WTF??!!

I would buy a new journal...mine is almost full.

Wow, you keep a journal? I guess that's actually pretty common among women. I think my mom keeps one, too. I had one when I was like, I dunno, 9 or something. I could never keep one now. For one, you've got your brain and (at times) secrets in tangible form...you can physically lose it and others can find it. I don't want to have to guard my thoughts like that...

...plus, it'd just take too long. I'd never do it reliably. I'd always be putting it off.

Well If I 20 bucks I'd go buy a DVD called Papillon starring Steve McQueen it's a great movie . The DVD's nothin special it just seems to elude me all the time, I'll have it in my hand carry it around for quite some time but eventually give in to something else.

twenty bucks eh? well, i could really use twenty bucks right now, but that's because it's the end of the month....if i didn't need groceries, or gas, and a had twenty bucks to blow.....i would go buy some fun stuff for my kiddo...and chocolate for me.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by TWTCommish

...plus, it'd just take too long. I'd never do it reliably. I'd always be putting it off.
It's not like a diary, though. I was telling Matt...it's a book that I just keep filling with things I don't want to forget; sometimes it's quotes from a movie, or things that people say that I thik are note worthy. Sometimes it's a paragraph or two from a book.

A lot of things people say on here, are in it my journal. So watch what you say. It may be recorded.

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
Originally posted by sadesdrk
WTF??!!

I would buy a new journal...mine is almost full.
I like to pick things up that are interesting/ rare...

as a matter of fact I've got a £2000 old central london style red public telephone box sitting in my back garden. Came complete with all those <ahem> calling cards too

Have to figure out how to work it into my home somehow, might make a cool shower one day...

My gf's scared a garden thief might nick it though have to work quick, but I can't see a regular mug legging it down the street with a phone booth on his back

I'd be putting it in the bank. I need as much money as I possibly can get. There's nothing decent showing at the cinema (I'm choosing not to see E.T : 20th Anniversary). I could possibly go out and get a DVD, but I'm mixed over what my next purchase is going to be. I still haven't got Pulp, but I'm content to wait until my birthday.

I'm pretty sure it'd be going into the bank for now.
Boring, perhaps, but I really want a video camera.
Hey maybe I'd go out and shoot a film on Video8. Dunno.

Meanwhile, I used to keep a diary, which is different to a diary I guess. I have a concrete record of every single thing that happened to me throughout the entire course of 2000 and 2001. Seem weird? Sorta. Everyday. I can tell you where I was, what I did, who I was with, and who died (actually, it's sadly a big reference point for that). Two reasons I stopped for 2002:

I couldn't do it anymore. It was too time consuming to do everyday and towards the end of the year I was putting it off for a month and then having to come back and write for the entire month in a day (to pay tribute to myself, I guess). It was killing me, and I wasn't enjoying it.

Secondly, it was so materialistic. Today I did this with this person and blah blah blah. It was all names and places. There was no real feeling in it (unless I was pissed off). That's why web diaries and journals (and the Reel World, I guess) appeal to me so much as a record. They may not say where you were and such, but it's so much more you. It's got thoughts and emotions and the things that induced them, quotes, conversations, songs, as Sades has said. And the thought of being in someone elses is always sort of warm and fuzzy, is it not.

I understand what you're doing Sady, my Lady.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by The Silver Bullet

I understand what you're doing Sady, my Lady.

Excellent. I think it's important for me to keep record of the things that have captured my attention. I imagine that 10 years from now, those things that once held so much meaning...will become very dear to me; and I'll have record of when it all began.

Originally posted by sadesdrk
It's not like a diary, though. I was telling Matt...it's a book that I just keep filling with things I don't want to forget; sometimes it's quotes from a movie, or things that people say that I thik are note worthy. Sometimes it's a paragraph or two from a book.

A lot of things people say on here, are in it my journal. So watch what you say. It may be recorded.
I have one of those. But I always forget to write in it when I find quotes or passages that I like, so I have little scraps of paper taped all over everything with quotes scribbled on them just waiting to get put into my journal.

Anyway, if I had $20 I would buy a cheese grater and a couple lightbulbs.

fez.....a phone booth......very cool. i'm kinda' surprized you didn't say you'd turned it into an outhouse...a loo for you.

i have a neighbor who has a full size fiberglass cow in their back yard.
i've been contemplating how i might lift it over their fence and carry it home on my jogger stroller.