Plastic Boobs and such

Tools    

Originally posted by BrodieMan
to read your post, one would draw the conclusion that all guys are completely obsessed with sex. that's close to the truth, but not all of us are consumed by it. at least not to the point that i would want my girlfriend or anyone else i was close to getting dangerous surgery for the sake of their appearance. i don't think it's healthy for society, either.

I got what you're saying Brodieman. Let me elaborate (I would've the last coupla times, but you can see that this topic can get quite exhaustive, taking up more bandwidth than you can imagine). Not all men have the libidio of a neanderthal, but what I'm talking about is not just about sex-drive b/c there's more to it. Every man at one point or another wanted to be with, say, a Marilyn Monroe, Pamela Anderson, Liz Taylor, or _insert your favorite woman here - and it had less to do with sex than the experience of being with that somebody. For some, walking around the mall with a hottie in their arm, while every other guys drops his jaw and fantasizes, is a dream -something they've always wanted to experience just once.

True, the girl could be a flooze, but the fact you're getting the attention and the fact (and I'm throwing this percentage out) that 70-80% of the guys looking wanna be in your shoes is enough to satiate that fantasy. Of course this is all juvenile in theory, but hey, we're all human. As for surgery, I'm with you, and I've talked about it here somewhere, so I won't go into it again.

Rock God
i see what you're saying. every guy wants a hot girlfriend. but at what price? showing off your sexuality in an inappropriate way has become a national pass-time and satisfying jr. high fantasies of being the coolest with the sexiest girl on your arm isn't quite worth living in a society devoid of human dignity. but, yeah, we all got needs.

just for the record, i don't have a lot of respect for marilyn monroe, pamela anderson, or any typical "sex symbol". my "favorite woman" is someone a lot more important to me personally that whoever has the biggest boobs in hollywood.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by tiredoftraffic

So now I'm "TiredHead" now, huh? I have my take on women but I'll save it.......
That's what I got from your post. The answer is,"yes. You are." and," No. You won't."

Rock God
tired does make the point that most guys deep down inside do want a hottie on their arm at all times, but that's such a childish impulse to act upon. real life doesn't work like that, and there's a problem with society thinking like that anyway.

i've said my piece. i'm sleepy.......

Now With Moveable Parts
I don't think that's what TiredHead was saying, although...he should be open for some clarification.

What's going on over here???

But I've agreed with you BrodieMan, but you know what? It goes both ways obviously -women love status toys as well. Sometimes I honestly think women are a lot worse than men when it comes to these issues, but I'll leave it at that.

Anyways, I think there are three hot ladies that live down the hallway from me.... time for me to go borrow some brown sugar

...this post is obviously too contradicting, so don't make anything of it

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by tiredoftraffic
What's going on over here???

Anyways, I think there are three hot ladies that live down the hallway from me.... time for me to go borrow some brown sugar

tiredoftraffic- so did that brown sugar have any perky packets of saline in it?

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by patti
tiredoftraffic- so did that brown sugar have any perky packets of saline in it?

Good one.

Rock God
lol...... tiredoftraffic's always good for a laugh.

We all desire "status toys" to a degree. But I think most of us know better. We know it's a the equivalent of choosing a Chicken McNugget over roast turkey. Anyone who actually goes as far as to get one has, or at the time had, an insecurity.

Rock God
i think insecurity is really a big factor in this whole debate. women aren't secure enough to be proud of their a-cups and men are afraid of what their buddies will say if the girl they're dating isn't "hot" enough. the whole think is so completely ass-backwards. i think there are people who should get their priorities in line before they get their ya-yas inflated like a friggin goodyear tire.

Dead right. I've gotten into arguments with some guys near my age, where they've made it incredibly clear that they regard some ex-girlfriend of theirs as a trophy...as one of the steps they used to climb up the local high school's status ladder. I forget his exact words, but the blatancy of it had my jaw on the floor.

This is not to say I can't relate to the desire. I can. I cannot, however, relate to actually going ahead with it, and getting together with someone you regard as a badge. I think a big part of this comes from the fact that a lot of people don't stop and think about what it is they're doing. I think, if they stopped and thought, and realized that their primary interest in this person was to make themselves look better, they'd back off. Call me naive, but I think most people wouldn't like that idea...

...however, I doubt they even realize that's what's going on in the first place. This is going to come off as arrogant, so I apologize in advance: most people my age never cease to amaze me when it comes to lack of analytical thought. They don't bother to think about how doing this means that, or thinking that means this. They just think this or do that, and that's the end of it.

I've got some examples, but I'm pretty tired, and I'm getting off-topic.

Rock God
dont feel like you're bragging.... more people your age should have the maturity to understand the value of meaningful relationships.

i know what you mean, though. i never had that "high school guy" mentally that usually involved the total objectification of girls. i wanted them.... badly..... but i could never bring myself to look at my girlfriend as a "thing". that would just kill me inside to see guys do that.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by BrodieMan
dont feel like you're bragging.... more people your age should have the maturity to understand the value of meaningful relationships.

Anyone of any age could fail to grasp the concept of meaningful relationships. My boss is almost 50, and he still treats his wife like an object. It's horrid.

any man i might have on my arm would be there because of the person he is. looks might be the first thing you "see", but if a great looking guy isn't the type of person you would like based on personality - the looks aren't gonna take you far. also, if he can't kiss.......what good is he?

Rock God
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

* insert take-a-bow smiley here* thanks again brodie......i suspect you've gone around posting in a few threads with your nice wishes....thanks man.

Rock God
you're quite welcome. i hope you have an awesome day.

Originally posted by sadesdrk
And why are you rolling your eyes at me? It's just brown sugar - get your head out of the gutter. You see, I figure with three women living together that they would have brown sugar since it goes so well with desserts; and when a group of three women....ahhh never mind, I don't think I can really explain this mess. The point is, I tried

Patti - couldn't tell about the saline - funny. They walked by when my back was turned in my place; they couldn't see me and I couldn't really see them. My brother alerted me, and when I looked all i saw was their backs. And Happy Birthday, Patti. Just copying BrodieMan

And I agree with the lack of analytical thought from guys/people. But aren't most of us all hypocritical? I hear the same guys say, "I'd be happy with a down to earth girl...." or a girl say,"I'd be happy with a non-cheating, stable guy...." only to do the opposite? *scratches head* Doesn't this same guy, who you've probably known your whole life say this and then gawk and flirt with the supermodel wanna-be at coffee shop?