Forced diversity in Hollywood

Tools    

Most interesting man in the world
I enjoy any good movie,a good movie is a good movie
Ive seen plenty of genres of movies/tv shows
I've seen movies/shows
From all eras from the 1930s - 2017 I've seen plenty of good actors/actresses from all types of ethnicities if u can act then you can act if you can sing then you can sing, if you stink at something then you stink.. ethnicity generally has nothing to do with these things a good actor is a good actor
A good dancer is a good dancer money is money
Skill is skill beauty is beauty ugliness is ugliness

Though the media in the U.S. (tv,radio, commercials,movies,tv shows,store ads, newspapers etc) generally feature *white people
(Caucasian, European , Hispanic,Latino and sometimes black) it's rare to see middle eastern,Asian and native Americans "advertised" in these things the tv channels here are MOSTLY in English..I'd say about 80% Spanish is probably 12% and the rest is a mix of Vietnamese,Chinese,Korean,and Armenian etc so *white people have control over pretty much everything media related..
This is america..English is probably the biggest language spoken here..Spanish is probably number 2 I think..so I don't know why things would ever change here..no one watches these 8% channels except older people who know these languages.young people here watch English programming I've never heard a young person say theyre excited about a foreign tv show.. no one talks about them at school
So most non white people end up "whitewashed ".
Ive seen plenty of "white washed" people..they're really sad..I never befriended them..they embarrass themselves,their family,their hertiage/ancestors etc
They're totally fake
I've seen them get called out..lol it's funny
" Hey aren't you "blank"
Blank is their ethnicity
"Don't you know/speak "blank" ? And they totally can't/ don't say anything. It's awkward to see that..it's very uncomfortable for them
They are full of hate / self hate alot of times.. it's really sad
My neighbor is Asian.. Vietnamese..he's like 27
And about the 10 years I've known him IVE NEVER HEARD him say a word in Vietnamese..why..who knows..his mom and dad talk to him in Vietnamese ALL the time,yet he only replies in English.. ??
The dude pretends like he doesn't know Vietnamese..it's pretty dumb to watch

It's embarrassing to hear that an Asian newsporter(Chinese) had "surgery" to "make herself look less Asian" on her eyes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2418936/Julie-Chen-secret-eye-surgery-age-25-told-looked-Asian-TV-anchor.html

But then I also heard that there is a "white" guy who "loves/loved" Asian culture so much he had a surgery to " look Asian"

So dilemma dilemma

You can't win an argument just by being right!

It's embarrassing to hear that an Asian newsporter(Chinese) had "surgery" to "make herself look less Asian" on her eyes

]

Any wonder when they are faced daily with such bigoted attitudes that wont allow them to assimilate, so they buy up all your important land plots and primary producers and priceless antiquities and rights to money making mooooovies instead and say a big, hearty eff you, smile resentfully, and walk away to sing all the way to their accountant. The last laugh is on people just like you. Enjoy that. Others commit suicide, I'm sure many just like yourself will be happy to find out. And then others shoot up schools or bomb hospitals, or run away to war, mate! enjoy that. I find it very sad. What are your feels telling you?

Please check your spelling/grammar for a better reply... I half understood what u said..

People like me..? I HAVE seen sucicidal people..on tv/the news and IN PERSON..
People commit suicide/homicide for many reasons..well just one really if you think about it..
so..what are you trying to say..?

Please check your spelling/grammar for a better reply... I half understood what u said..

People like me..? I HAVE seen sucicidal people..on tv/the news and IN PERSON..
People commit suicide/homicide for many reasons..well just one really if you think about it..
so..what are you trying to say..?
I'm surprised people even know what spelling/ and or grammar is these days.Take three gold stars to put on your forehead just after you put down your guns. If I've asked you once I've asked you a hundred times.. Well done and jolly good, young fella. You even know goodly vocabulary.

i thought you were done with me *curtsies

Tallyh. Aim orff to do things and smell the coffee

But then I also heard that there is a "white" guy who "loves/loved" Asian culture so much he had a surgery to " look Asian"

So dilemma dilemma
The photo at the bottom looks like make-up from a horror movie (or one of those disturbing "creepy-pasta" YouTube videos)!

I forgot to post the link

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5447600

He's Brazilian

There are some REALLY sick people out there..
It just amazes me when I realize there are people who have money to spend on this sort of thing (and there are millions of them because we see this egocentric type of self indulgence all the time). It just makes me wonder; knowing all the hungry, poor or just suffering people in the world, what someone (or many someones) with integrity could do with that same money.

Imagine if, instead of spending money on some form of self-promoting or indulgent plastic surgery, the same money was given to someone with a severe facial deformity (like say a cleft pallet) so they could have a surgery that would enable them to speak, eat and live a more normal life, but that they never otherwise could afford?

Hopefully some of you young folks out there will think about this the next time you go to get Botox, lip fillers, breast enlargements, another tattoo or a ridiculous bull-ring through your nose!

Lol wow pretty much word for word what I say/think..
Some people have too much money they don't even know what to do with it..ALL they probably have is money so.. they probably wipe their 8()t with it.. yes a smart,Good,decent person will put money to good use
Yes it's true what you said about people with deformities..I have high respect for people who VOLUNTEER their time/money to fix kids with cleft lips
Everyone has the RIGHT to spend their money ANY WAY they want no argument there but to spend tons of money on silly things REALLY says alot about you.. "yes well I visited new Zealand last year, I took a 7 day cruise with my wife and bought her a $50,000 USD necklace for our anniversary,and my 19 year old son who's home from college had a very special birthday..I got him the $500,000 USD Lamborghini he wanted..". REALLY.? wow..! You must totally have the PERFECT life..your wife MUST truly love you..your son must really be a true gentleman..hes probably hard working,patient,well mannered and respectful of women.. these kind of people tend to compensate/overcompensate it's funny "I need to buy these $5,000 pair of shoes and this $2,500 Gucci handbag..so people will like me" " if I buy them everyone will look at me..they make me look VERY confident, successful,totally happy with a very exciting life"

when I see these kind of people and they approach me
And talk to me and act/talk/behave etc like this I say nothing...listen to them and wait til they're
Finished and wait til they expect my response and say
"Dude..you have HPD.." and walk away...and they have a very confused look on their face..and say " WHAT..?" or
"What you do mean..?!" "HUH..?!" "..HPD..??"
LoL it's funny to watch..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hist...ality_disorder

I hate tattoos/piercings..just ink.. I laugh when I see people covered in them..I've heard of people literally covered by tattoos on their entire body..NOT SEXY for me AT ALL..if it's one or two in good taste then wutever..
But alot of tattoos are ugly..alot of people regret getting them.they end up with an ugly tattoo and have to pay to remove it, which I hear is expensive and painful. Google ugly tattoo pictures there are some really ugly/stupid ones
It's funny to see people with an old boy/girlfriends
Name who aren't together anymore I hate piercings too..not sexy for me as well
These two things just cover up your skin..which is sexy
Why would you cover up sexy..? I want to see skin..
That's what naked is right...? Seeing someone completely naked is sexy, beautiful,cute,attractive,natural,not dirty, artistic etc. I've never heard someone say "I can't wait to see "carrie" take her shirt off so I can see ink, piercings" I thought boys/men
Fantasied about women's body parts not ink...ink..?
What's so sexy about ink?
I met an old skinhead white guy who had a good amount of arm tats..he walked around pretty" tough looking ",very straight.. I found out he was terrified of " bugs" bugs..? I heard him say "I'm a woman when it comes to bugs.." to another guy after he saw a cockroach by a dumpster near where they were smoking..(he walked away from the cockroach)

I saw a " tough looking" gangster/cholo latino man
Post something like " I'm scared because I'm having leg surgery soon..someone cheer me up or something.."
On a local social media app about 4 years ago,he looked "tough" with a serious ripped body covered with upper body tats and had a serious ganster look/face/attitude on his profile pic...

I replied " proof that having tattoos doesn't make you a "badass" "
He didn't reply...he erased his post a few mins after..
LoL

I speak my mind when asked
I DONT walk up to someone and talk to them.. they generally approach me..

I heard of a " man " who had a "sex change" into a transwoman lived as a transwoman for a few years..regretted it and had a " sex change" to go back to a " man" ... I don't know how that works... surgically or legally..

People can regret everything
EVERYTHING..

I have nothing against LGTS OR TVs for the record..they are pretty chill most of the time.. or people with tats or piercings... Just speaking my preferences and writing my observations

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...k-operate.html

It just amazes me when I realize there are people who have money to spend on this sort of thing (and there are millions of them because we see this egocentric type of self indulgence all the time). It just makes me wonder; knowing all the hungry, poor or just suffering people in the world, what someone (or many someones) with integrity could do with that same money.

Imagine if, instead of spending money on some form of self-promoting or indulgent plastic surgery, the same money was given to someone with a severe facial deformity (like say a cleft pallet) so they could have a surgery that would enable them to speak, eat and live a more normal life, but that they never otherwise could afford?

Hopefully some of you young folks out there will think about this the next time you go to get Botox, lip fillers, breast enlargements, another tattoo or a ridiculous bull-ring through your nose!
How do you know the kid paid for it?.Might have been his sugar daddy who had taken the kid off the street and an obscene amount ofmoney.. And hiring a team of doctors for that kid might mean that team of doctrs can perform FREE surgeries for children in need. How much moneyt hat you've spent on storing your hoarding treasures could have gone to the less fortunate? Paints a different picture that way, doesnt it.

For me,well I'd rather have a roll of bubble wrap toplay pop the bubble with the dogs than enable a kid to change her face but that's just me.

How do you know the kid paid for it?.Might have been his sugar daddy who had taken the kid off the street and an obscene amount ofmoney.. And hiring a team of doctors for that kid might mean that team of doctrs can perform FREE surgeries for children in need. How much moneyt hat you've spent on storing your hoarding treasures could have gone to the less fortunate? Paints a different picture that way, doesnt it.

For me,well I'd rather have a roll of bubble wrap toplay pop the bubble with the dogs than enable a kid to change her face but that's just me.
Well, I don't know that he paid for it, but it does appear to be an indulgent and unnecessary surgery since the guy looked fine and did not have a deformity. I don't know of any doctors who perform vanity surgeries for free or as a public service (only groups like Doctors Without Borders who provide medical aid where it's needed). So, the point remains - whoever spent the money could have spent it on someone who needed plastic surgery (like the kids on Smile Train).

Well, I don't know that he paid for it, but it does appear to be an indulgent and unnecessary surgery since the guy looked fine and did not have a deformity. I don't know of any doctors who perform vanity surgeries for free or as a public service (only groups like Doctors Without Borders who provide medical aid where it's needed). So, the point remains - whoever spent the money could have spent it on someone who needed plastic surgery (like the kids on Smile Train).
So blame the greed of the person who took the money. Wouldnt that make more sense? None of us would know the wormtongue words being poured in that person's ears his entire life.

So blame the greed of the person who took the money. Wouldnt that make more sense? None of us would know the wormtongue words being poured in that person's ears his entire life.
Are you suggesting Doctors who perform vanity surgeries for money should not do so?

I would agree that some Doctors need to be more discriminating in their cosmetic surgery cases - as sometimes people are suffering from some form of bio-dysmorphism (a mental disorder where they become irrationally obsessed with their looks or develop a hatred for various features or body parts) as opposed to having a problem that needs to be physically corrected.

All I'm saying about the case in question is: there's a lot better things to spend one's money on than plastic surgery to look like A.) a race which they are not and B.) different when there was absolutely nothing wrong with their face (functionally or aesthetically) to begin with.

Are you suggesting Doctors who perform vanity surgeries for money should not do so?

I would agree that some Doctors need to be more discriminating in their cosmetic surgery cases - as sometimes people are suffering from some form of bio-dysmorphism (a mental disorder where they become irrationally obsessed with their looks or develop a hatred for various features or body parts) as opposed to having a problem that needs to be physically corrected.

All I'm saying about the case in question is: there's a lot better things to spend one's money on than plastic surgery to look like A.) a race which they are not and B.) different when there was absolutely nothing wrong with their face (functionally or aesthetically) to begin with.
i havent suggested anything other than you take your angst out on those who do so. You know this, you just love to twist things for an argy bargy. I'm not interested in wasting energy on one. Infact, I leave you here. Enjoy this beautiful day.

i havent suggested anything other than you take your angst out on those who do so. You know this, you just love to twist things for an argy bargy. I'm not interested in wasting energy on one. Infact, I leave you here. Enjoy this beautiful day.
Okay. I'm not even sure what your argument is. Take my angst out on "those who do so"?
Those who do what?

Are you basically saying you don't think certain people should have an opinion on an issue that someone else posted about? That's what it sounds like you're saying. But I'll take your advice and enjoy the day!

Originally Posted by Dani8
So blame the greed of the person who took the money.
That would imply the surgeon could afford to be choosy, or should be obligated to jettison their business because they're not doing the most optimal job for society (which is most jobs).

None of us would know the wormtongue words being poured in that person's ears his entire life.
You could say the same of any thief, serial killer, or rapist. Does that absolve them of blame?

i havent suggested anything other than you take your angst out on those who do so.
Where has @Captain Steel taken his "angst" out on anybody? There's no evidence in this thread he's done any such thing. You're inferring an emotional tenor which more than likely doesn't exist.

you just love to twist things for an argy bargy.
He was expressing an opinion on the practical expenditure of resources on frivolous surgeries. There's nothing to twist.