Favourite composer?

Tools    

Originally Posted by Sleezy
For films, Hans Zimmer...hands down.

That guy kicks major butt. I always forget the best ones. (slaps hand on forhead)
And found he was eating his shoe.

Hey,
What do you think about James Horner? He's great! He worked on "A Beautiful Mind", "Titanic", etc.......... I love his work.

Hey, what did you think about the heavenly voice of Tiatanic. Her name is Sissel. Her new album "My Heart" will be released March 2nd. Check her out at www.ufanz.com/teams/sissel or
http://www.classics.umusic.com/sisse...waitawhile.asx
Tell me what you think!

Messenger from Hades' Gate
Originally Posted by deweye77
Hey,
What do you think about James Horner? He's great! He worked on "A Beautiful Mind", "Titanic", etc.......... I love his work.

Hey, what did you think about the heavenly voice of Tiatanic. Her name is Sissel. Her new album "My Heart" will be released March 2nd. Check her out at www.ufanz.com/teams/sissel or
http://www.classics.umusic.com/sisse...waitawhile.asx
Tell me what you think!
Horner and Jerry Goldsmith are my favorites (I'm a Trekkie).

Originally Posted by deweye77
Hey,
What do you think about James Horner? He's great! He worked on "Titanic".
Yeah, that's my problem with him, he worked on Titanic. Ok so the music was really good, but not enough to save the movie. No pun intended.

danny elfman is pretty original... I have respect for the man

Pirates of The Carribean

Definately composer Clint Mansell. His work with the Kronos Quartet in Requiem For A Dream was amazing. Some of the best music I have heard in a movie.

Originally Posted by Yoda
Oh yeah, definitely Elfman. The dude has done the score for...uh...every movie ever made. His song "What's This" (which I heard he sang himself) in "The Nightmare Before Christmas" is one of the best original songs I've ever heard.
Danny Elfman was the singing voice for Jack, I was pretty much toppled when I foud that out. I like Danny Elfman more for the unique sound his music has, personally I am all for any collaboration between Burton and Elfman.

Bernard Herrmann- His music is part of the reason I can't watch most horror films, don't ask me why it's way too confusing to explain.

Ennio Moricone - one of my favorite soundtracks has to be for The Mission, there are some pretty awesome pieces in there incorporating those old church choirs.

James Horner - love the music in Braveheart

John Williams- Schindler's List score was so incredibly amazing, I heard just a tiny bit of it today passing through the house hwere my mom had it playing and I had to go and listen to the whole entire thing, incredible.

Howard Shore - I cannot wait until the special edition 12 compact disk set of the LOTR Trilogy complete score comes out.

Hans Zimmer - What I've always appreciated about Zimmer is the experimentation he uses in his music, but it all has sort of his style stamped on it. Black Hawk Down, The Rain Man and The Gladiator all are uniquely different from eachother but still bear some resemblence in the execution.

As for non-film composers.....

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart , Vivaldi, and Tchaikovasky (Christmas time is coming and I cannot wait for 'The Nutcracker', I want to convince my parents to take me to San Fransisco so I could see it there)
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

MIL
[quote=Quicksilver]If we are talking original score for a film, then John Williams (Star Wars being my favorite original score for a film). I also have to give notable mention to Ennio Morricone for The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Mine is just the same and theres an addition...Brian May for
MAD MAX II: Roadwarrior

And this is my BOOMstick!
Hans Zimmer

I am a glorified ape.
Elliot Goldenthal. He uses instruments in unconventional ways. My favorite scores of his come from Alien3 and Titus. In both of those films, he worked on certain scenes with an electronic music artist named Richard Martinez. Martinez writes music like a combination of nine inch nails and the savage screaming of a neanderthal. It's very aggressive and exciting. I've always wanted Richard Martinez to put out an album, but the only things I've ever heard him do are his contributions to Goldenthal's scores.

Bug Planet Proximus
There is no sarcasm in my voice when I say Giorgio Moroder is my favourite film score composer. I'm serious. The father of euro-dance and disco needs an honourable mention.

otherwise...
Nino Rota, Ennio Morricone, Lalo Schifrin and Franz Waxman

Carter Burwell

* Blood Simple * The Big Lebowski * Raising Arizona *

* Mystery, Alaska * Miller's Crossing * Three Kings *

* Barton Fink * Being John Malkovich * The Hudsucker Proxy *

* The Ladykillers * Rob Roy * Intolerable Cruelty * Fargo *

* The Man Who Wasn't There * The Spanish Prisoner * O Brother, Where Art Thou? *

Not very original, but my picks have to be Hanz Zimmer and Howard Shore.

Originally Posted by Richard X
Not very original, but my picks have to be Hanz Zimmer and Howard Shore.
How can you say not very original they both are great

My Picks are:
1.Hanz Zimmer
2.Marco Beltramy
3.Jerry Goldsmith

Originally Posted by B-card
How can you say not very original they both are great
Meaning that picking Zimmer and Shore is "not very original" since so many others have already listed them as favorites in this thread.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Morricone & Schifrin. With John Barry close behind.

Visit my movie forum below made 4U!
Hanz Zimmer and Danny Elfman