Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Macbeth (2015) - wtf did I just watch...Didn't even understand half of the film haha, old English + Scottish accent, they need to put subs in the cinema

Master of My Domain
Inside Out (Docter, 2015)

So today I had to participate in a boring family gathering but one good thing that came out of it was someone suggesting the brilliant idea of watching this movie. This was my second watch and I have to say I loved it as much as the first time and I tried really hard not to cry too much.

+

MM:

Jurassic Park: 4.5/5
The Third Man: 3/5

Wtf?
Two different movies, two different ratings, two different reasons...

I bet no one gives out ratings that all mean the exact same. I mean, say you give Alien a 4/5 and Avengers a 4/5. That's not really "the same rating". I just gave The Gold Rush a 4/5 and Jurassic World a 4.5/5, but there's no doubt The Gold Rush is the better movie.

So yeah, but it's a bad example because I realy wasn't that happy with The Third Man, but it's better crafted, cinematically, than Jurassic World is... But whatever, I love JW, that's just how it is...

Cannibal Holocaust (1980)
UNRATED

Just hold on a minute, while I go out to empty this bowl of barf, quickly change my sheets, stop the bleeding from my finger nails, take a warm shower and then I will give y'all a review...

Oh darn, wait... I find it rather hard to write this review with both of my eyes scratched out while shaking more than an epileptic being electrocuted while riding off road during an earthquake.

a little too much for me
but I understand it

Was it really that bad MovieMed? Dang.
I love animals and obviously I'm against animal cruelty, but that haven't got much say in this context. The animal torturing in this movie is just wrong and yes it was actually worse than I expected. I was mad, disgusted and it may have done to me what it aimed for, but it's not right to torture any living thing for the sake of entertainment or to carry out a message - even if the message is good.

There were good bits in this film, but if there is ever going to be a next time for me I'll go with the 'cruelty free' version...

You'd never believe who helped me change my mind about Cannibal Holocaust.

Godoggo.

Not that she liked the film or anything.

Obviously I'm overexaggerating guys, my review was just for laughs.

Apart from the animal cruelty I'm fine with it. Still nasty and violent, especially for a 1980 feature, but I'm not screaming in disgust or anything. I bet I would have died watching this back then in all its glory. But yeah, all in all the uncut version is definitely worthy of "the most controversial movie ever made", though again, it's mainly the animal cruelty that pushes it for me.

Do you like Apocalypse Now, MM? That has genuine cow slaughtering.

You don't have to approve of the animal cruelty to like the film.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Mad Max (George Miller, 1979)

My first time watching this.
A strong beggining left a promise that the rest of the movie wasn't able to fullfil. The acting was decent, though not espcially good from anyone but the plot is a mess. Only the final 5 minutes are close to the inital car chase. I also have mixed feelings about the sountrack, it has some good moments but has also some bad placing and volume in other moments.
I understand how original this should feel in the 70s but I wouldn't call it a great movie.

I am hoping the 2nd one is much better than this one, though I can't see how.

+

Do you like Apocalypse Now, MM? That has genuine cow slaughtering.

You don't have to approve of the animal cruelty to like the film.
Yes I do and though I don't like that particular scene, but I still love the film.

There's also a difference here... In Apocalypse Now, Coppola secretly filmed the slaughtering done by real genuine people of the forest. Also, it's one scene.

Cannibal Holocause has many scenes of animal cruelty and the scenes were directed and planned by the director and carried out by the actors.

I don't approve of any of the examples, but there's a reason I have it "easier" with one than the other.