Art Museums/Galleries

Tools    

We were there about ten years ago. The Museum Island in Berlin with all these museums is a global level spot.
I agree. The funny part was that when we were in Berlin they were having a rare heat wave-- every day 100 degrees! So it made it very unpleasant to get around. Very few places have air conditioning because they never get heat like that. Great museums, though.

Kunsthistorisches Museum, Vienna

Yes, the legendary The Tower of Babel by Bruegel and Vermeer's The Painter in his Studio are here.

Wow, I'd love to see a Vermeer in person. My favorite period is impression through modern, but Vermeer is something special.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
The museum is a work of art in and of itself.
Yeah, High Museum of Art designed by the great Richard Meier. I've been passionate admirer of his, examined in detail my albums with his works including this building.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
Vatican Museums

I was happy to be in Rome for a week in 2016. Naturally, one day was planned for the Vatican Museums. No words can explain this experience.

The entrance to the museums.

Sistine Chapel is the whole block in the foreground right. The museums entrance is in the far end left.

So far, I see 9 users from the forum, interested in art galleries and the art of painting and sculpture as a whole.
Guessing there are more. Not everyone reads all the threads.

Only been to 6 Smithonians, Wooloroc, DIA (Detroit Inst. Arts), Henry Ford Museum / Greenfield Village, Mt. Vernon, Montacello, The Hermitage, numerous Civil War sights ( Appomattex, Gettysburg, Manassas/Bull Run, Lookout Mt., Andersonville ( wish I bypassed this, our Auschwitz).