Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Interstellar (2014) 7.5/10

Master of My Domain
Book of Eli

Squeezed this move in tonight. I was wanting to watch this for a long time because it looked interesting and people said it was an underrated film.

The action was gritty with just the right amount of violence, and had a strong Assasin's Creed feel to it and it also looked like the movie borrowed the style of some others games too. This kind of action and a Mad Max route would have make a film I love. However, it takes itself way too seriously. The controversial ending was okay for me, but it should have belonged in a different flick.

Unregistered User
The Big Risk (1960) - Claude Sautet

Thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to end, superb film...

8.5 out of 10
Glad you enjoyed this. Watched it for the first time the other day myself and loved it.

Seduced and Abandoned (2013)
7/10
I recently took a class called Management in the Film industry so it was interesting to see Alec Baldwin and James Toback trying to convince investors to give them money to make a film

Either this is a joke or the single most divisive post since someone described Terrence Malick as a 'hack'.
Hardly. I've been doing that for 10 years. It's fine.

Harper (1966)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Warrior (2011), Gavin O'Connor

Gooood old style movie, with everything you'd expect from it. We have two troubled brothers, an ex drunk dad, money problems, some heroic act in Iraq, a fuc*ed up family. Really, everything. Oh, of course the two brothers haven't talked to each other in ages.
Every possible cliche ever, including a russian super-opponent.
But despise all the cliches, or maybe because of these very cliches and the clever use that's done with them, the movie works out great. We care about the characters, we like the figthing scenes (I liked that there are so many shots from OUTSIDE the ring and the cage), we feel every punch and kick in our very guts. Add some great acting work and an awesome final scene with a perfect song, and you'll have Warrior, a movie that's shamelessly stereotyped and proud of it.
If you like to focus more on how a story is told rather than how original the story itself is, you'll love it.

I also read a review on IMDB criticizing the plausibility of the fighting scenes, and to that of course I say "pff".

I give it a 8 out of 10 until I can figure out how to do the cool popcorn stuff you guys do.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Yôjinbô (1961)

One almost can says that it was Kurosawa who invented the Spaghetti-Western subgenre, such is the similarity that Leone's A Fistfull of Dollars has to this.
It's a badass movie, half comedy - half drama, brilliantly shot, with an amazing soundtrack and a great performance by the main character.
I still prefer High and Low, which is the other Kurosawa I've seen so far, but this is great!

Magnolia 6/10 very ambitious film but it ultimately fails
Yes it is, and no it doesn't.

And no, that's totally not a personal opinion that's just common mutual agreement!

ERIN BROCKOVICH (2000)

Erin Brockovich is a broke single mother who just can't seem to find the right opportunity. She fights her way to become an assistant at an attorneys office, and unravels a strong case against a big California power company- PG&E. The story does a really good job of creating a bridge of communication between corporate business, lawyers, and the much less fortunate victims. Erin Brockovich brings that connection, and talks in a real way that is fun to listen to. I also really liked Albert Finney's lawyer character, Ed. Thankful these people brought a sort of magic alchemy to the story and made it very engaging and memorable
'What makes you think you can walk in there and find what we need?'
'They're called boobs, Ed'

Rating:
8.0 / 10

Really well written with very well drawn characters. I think the people who love this as opposed to like it like me probably find a lot of humor. I didn't think it was very funny at all.