Most awesome movies involving Moms

Tools    

I think I'd decide on a debatable film, for which the main star (Streep) was really only a mothered force, so to speak, in the second half of the picture, but for me, it was so considerably and emotionally profitable for her character's choices by that point of the film.

"The Bridges of Madison County."

I think it's the selfishness of the actual responsibility that hits me hard.

Happy Mother's Day, MoFo Mommys!

"You gentlemen aren't really trying to kill my son, are you?"

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I think I'd decide on a debatable film, for which the main star (Streep) was really only a mothered force, so to speak, in the second half of the picture, but for me, it was so considerably and emotionally profitable for her character's choices by that point of the film.

I think it's the selfishness of the actual responsibility that hits me hard.

Stop or My Mom Will Shoot, and Steel Magnolias

.....doesn't know what to put here!
Stop! Or My Mum Will Shoot

oj

Last DVD watched-Scary Movie 3

Last DVD Bought-Scary Movie 3

How about american pie? Youve got to admit Stiflers mom is quite fun

And ofcourse Forrest Gump, like stated before
Principal: Is there a Mr. Gump, Miz Gump?
Mrs. Gump: He's on vacation.

Principal: You're momma sure does care about your education, son.

And do check my "art": Deviant

That's a great choice.

"You gentlemen aren't really trying to kill my son, are you?"

Happy Mother's Day, MoFo Mommys!
I love that movie.

Thanks! It was a very nice weekend.

Restating the others and stepmom

Stepmom
Terms of Endearment
Mrs. Winterbourne
Steel Magnolias
Stella
Not Without My Daughter
A Home of Our Own

Put me in your pocket...
Since it was mother's day yesterday, I just wanted to bump this up in honor of all of the mom's here.
I hope everyone had a great day.

I also wanted to add...

Mrs. Miniver (1942)
Greer Garson is wonderful as Mrs. Miniver. Great story and cast.

The Incredibles (2004)
Love, love, love Helen Parr/Eastigirl. Great mom character all around. I wish I could stretch like she does.

Semper Fooey
The mother in The Bad Seed

Norman Bates' mom in Psycho

Mommie Dearest

I believe there were two movies about Ma Barker, the better one with Shelly Winters. By the way, there is reason to believe the real Ma Barker was a creation of the FBI, to cover up the fact she was murdered in a shootout with her sons, that she wasn't wanted by the FBI until they killed her and made up the story about her being the leader of the gang when in truth she was just a harmless old lady who cooked and cleaned up after her sons.

~Loves a good classic movie~
How could we forget....
I Remember Mama - Irene Dunne

And....
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn - Dorothy McGuire
Our Grapes Have Tender Vines - Agnes Moorehead
The Green Years - Gladys Cooper
The Yearling - Jane Wyman
The Old Maid - Miriam Hopkins/Bette Davis
Now Voyager - Gladys Cooper
The Ghost and Mrs. Muir - Gene Tierney
Raggady Man - Sissy Spacek
Leave Her to Heaven - Mary Philips
Barefoot in the Park - Mildred Matwick

Semper Fooey
From Wikipedia, the criminal mastermind that never was:

At this time a myth was started that Ma Barker ruled the gang with an iron fist, but the facts do not seem to support these claims. It is highly unlikely that criminals as adept as Karpis, and even Ma's sons for that matter, would have listened to her. Karpis later wrote about this subject in his memoirs:
"Ma was always somebody in our lives. Love didn't enter into it really. She was somebody we looked after and took with us when we moved city to city, hideout to hideout. It is no insult to Ma's memory that she just didn't have the know-how to direct us on a robbery. It would not have occurred to her to get involved in our business, and we always made it a point of only discussing our scores when Ma wasn't around. We'd leave her at home when we were arranging a job, or we'd send her to a movie. Ma saw a lot of movies."Harvey Bailey, another well-known bank robber of the era knew the Barker gang well, and in his autobiography published in the 1970's, he agreed with Karpis, observing that Ma Barker "couldn't plan breakfast", and was certainly no mastermind behind any gang activity. Ma Barker's entire reputation as a criminal mastermind was concoted by Hoover to protect the FBI's public image after federal agents discovered they had killed a 62 year old mother.

I'll admit, I can't be bothered to go through the thread and see if this has already been mentioned or not. It probably has because it's great, but I'll add it anyway.