Madonna's "American Life"

Tools    

American Life

I See You When You're Sleeping
I got that album a couple of weeks ago and it's no usual 'trend setter' as usual. In fact it's awful.

I can't stand eminem. The only music I really listen to today is radiohead.

Get off my island
Madonna's latest stuff is all horrible and unlistenable. I blame Guy Ritchie

MoFo Survivor - r3port3r66 wins!!!!!!

Originally posted by Sexy Celebrity
I seriously hate music these days. I swear the only song I've loved recently was Eminem's Lose Yourself.
OMG!!! i can't believe you said that!!! i said that to my girlfriend a couple of weeks ago and she looked at me like i was looney (which i am, but that's beside the point)

i liked Lose Yourself too, but hated that stupid 8 Mile movie...and haven't really liked any music in yeeeears

You didn't like 8 Mile?!? I thought it was great. But yes, Lose Yourself is really good. Have you ever heard The Way I Am? It's really good. Clever lyrics, good music video.

I agree with you too. 8 Mile was great. I enjoyed it.

The ONLY songs I like from Eminem are Lose Yourself, Cleaning Out the Closet , and Without Me.

And for Madonna...........................

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
"lose yourself" and "Sing for the moment' are my current fav's my eminen- the guy isn't afraid to speak his mind, and he makes a lot of sense in the 'Sing for the moment' song:

example-
They say music can alter moods and talk to you, well can it load a gun up for you , and cock it too?
Well if it can, then the next time you assault a dude, just tell the judge it was my fault and I'll get sued

* 8 mile was great btw *

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

I am having a nervous breakdance
I think the song "American Life" is really good, actually. Haven't heard the whole album though.

I'm not a Madonna-fan, on the contrary I think there's a cold feeling over everything she does. But I have to say that during recent years she's done some of her best stuff. I really liked "Frozen" - the video was also awesome - for example. But I'm more impressed by her professionality than her singing and dancing skills.

I think Eminem is both a very talented rapper and producer. Even though he seems to be an *******.

Haven't I said this on another thread??

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Get off my island
Eminem's "Stan" was a great... um, piece of music

Yes that was, and once again, Eminem was making a valid point in that song

GOOD POINT S.C.

The song American Life is ATROCIOUS! Madonna rapping? Even worse is the childish lyrics and I quote:

"I drive my mini cooper
And I'm feeling super-dooper
Yo they tell I'm a trooper"

A five year old could have written these. And "living the American Dream?" In Surrey? I dont think so.

Methinks she's trying a little too hard. There's only so many times you can change your image convincingly.

I thought Madonna's 'Ray of Light' album was fantastic, it was a brilliant return and change for her and her music. This new stuff is total trash. The album sounds like she just doesn't care and she thinks any 'new' spin on the tracks will make it a unique and 'trendy' success.

I hate eminem.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally posted by Sexy Celebrity

I don't see that at all, even though they both have an E name. Eminem's too into himself to be Elvis, the lover boy.
I wasn't talking about them having things in common when it comes to style and lyrics content (Elvis didn't even write his own stuff). But they both became superstars within a genre traditionally dominated by black artists. That's what I meant. And Eminem has certainly never reminded me of Madonna anyway.

I see that anyone that can write great lyrics and is white is referred to as some black parrallel in some ways, strange. I think Bob Dylan was seen this way also.

She is such an enduring icon........whether you like her or not......and her first new collection of original material since "Music" hits the charts..........."American Life" is being hailed as Madonna's most accomplished, original and intensely personal album to date..............the music itself is a resonant and revealing emotional journey of her life.......

annnnnnnnnnd...............I heard that remixes of the "American Life" single by other artists are due to hit the charts soon..............artists include........... Missy Elliott, Peter Rauhofer, Felix da Housecat and Paul Oakenfold.........

I'm undecided if I like her new album or not.... ......

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......