Based On A True Story

Tools    

Alright...you don't like it? Great. So find a nicer way to say it. Encourage him to talk about the flick. If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all. And if you say something anyway, you can still be a little more polite. I don't think that's too much to ask. Maybe you do. Hey, whatever, I'm not gonna force anything. Just a friendly suggestion...I don't expect you'll pay much attention to it.

Wait a second, Sades: do you think The Bridges of Madison County, either the film or the book (a novel, BTW), was based on a true story???

Hey, you can be like those hundreds upon hundreds of other folks who have contacted National Geographic asking which issue Robert Kincaid's photos of those covered bridges appeared in!

It sure is hot in this kitchen. I hope I can stand the heat.

My Left Foot!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Holden Pike
[b]Wait a second, Sades: do you think The Bridges of Madison County, either the film or the book (a novel, BTW), was based on a true story???

]
Duh Holden! I KNOW it was based a novel you COW! I heard it was based on a true story...yes.

Dammit! Do you think I live in a cave?! Based on a novel(btw)... good grief!

Where oh where did you hear The Bridges of Madison County was based upon a true story? Wherever it was, you can break it to them: IT'S NOT. The story is complete fiction.

Glad I could set you straight.

Missing!

Now With Moveable Parts
Set me straight!!!!! AGHHHHHHHH!!! I wanna soak your head!
I dunno WHERE I heard it. Guess it was some housewife with an over active imagination. Oh well...

Fire in the Sky!

Well, Sades, if you were walking around thinking on some level that The Bridges of Madison County was in ANY way based on true events, then yes, you needed straightening out. That has now been accomplished. Why exactly would my head need soaking for pointing this out and helping you from making this error in the future?

(and I'M the "weird" one)

Raging Bull !

Now With Moveable Parts
Because it's the way in which you do it. You press buttons...and don't tell me you don't know how to press my buttons! You know...you KNOW!!

JFK! just kidding...*sigh*

Now With Moveable Parts
Don't get all in the game, now, Holden...you had your chance.

Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken!

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Holden Pike
Like I said, you wish it. I'm still not interested (though admittedly less and less flattered).

OH!!! OH!!!! That is SO it! You suck, Holden! Here I was just playing your little game...being a good girl, and you insult me! You are such an @ss. I DO NOT wish it. maybe back in the day when I thought your pompous attitude was cute...but the routine is old and moldy, friend. Besides, you don't hold a candle to my lover...not even a birthday candle.

Now With Moveable Parts
He only answers PMs if he wants to...not a very good way to have it out with someone. Besides, it WAS on topic, T. I was putting down movies...just not in that last post...so...so...there!

Right, so back on to the topic of the relative merits of films based on true stories and if Hollywood is seemingly making more of them today.

Oh, wait, that's not what we're doing anymore either.

Judgement at Nuremberg (1961) !

Well, I can't make him answer his PMs. He ignores me sometimes, too. Perfectly consistent with the rest of this little persona of his. Don't give it too much thought.

The Mothman Prophecies was pretty good.