Spirited Away

Tools    

Its fantastic after years of anonymity outside his home country Hiyao Miyazaki finally gets some recognition.

Whilst I havent actually seen this feature, due to Disney's lacklustre attempts at releasing this, I am a big fan of his work and have all his previous work on DVD. I have already put my order in for this one on DVD.

Maybe now he will be treated better by Hollywood and his films will get decent releases and reach their deserved audience.

"I missed... I never miss."
I've never even HEARD of Spirited Away. I thought Lilo and Stitch should have won.

With Spirited Away winning the oscar and all it has been re-released this past friday in theaters. I am not quite sure how many but it's playing at mine.
Unfortunately, its not doing that well. Although it has only been out one day so far.

There's not really a lot of point in Disney belatedly re-releasing the film in the theatres, especially when it comes out on DVD in the next couple of weeks.

Wouldn't Disney have been better off spending the money on better/more advertising for the DVD release rather than spending it on redistribution for the film?

Put me in your pocket...
Originally posted by jrs1013
I am not quite sure how many but it's playing at mine.
It's only playing at one theatre near me. I've been trying to get my daughter interested in seeing Spirited Away (I'd love to see it), but for some reason she's not all that excited about it. I'll keep nudging her but...I really wish they would promote the film more.

Movie Explorer
I heard about this movie too and wondered what all the hype was about. Some guy did a movie review on it and gave it nearly 5 stars or something. To see what the greatness is all about, I'm going to get this movie.