Countdown to Superman Returns

Tools    

I am really looking forward to the release of Bryan Singer's upcoming Superman Returns which hits theaters Friday, June 30th. I don't know about anyone else, but this is on the top of my must-see list.

To start off the countdown, here is the final one-sheet for the film...

Nice Shot..... Not a big "SUPERMAN" fan, but will be taking a friend to see it in IMAX.

Let's continue here, with some more goodies. To kick it off, check out the brand spanking kick-ass new trailer for Superman Returns (scroll down to where it says Trailer 3). It will be premiere in theaters before X-Men: The Last Stand in case you are wondering. Plus, there's a sweet international poster for the film below.

Following a mysterious absence of several years, the Man of Steel comes back to Earth in the epic action-adventure Superman Returns, a soaring new chapter in the saga of one of the world's most beloved superheroes. While an old enemy plots to render him powerless once and for all, Superman faces the heartbreaking realization that the woman he loves, Lois Lane, has moved on with her life. Or has she?

Superman's bittersweet return challenges him to bridge the distance between them while finding a place in a society that has learned to survive without him. In an attempt to protect the world he loves from cataclysmic destruction, Superman embarks on an epic journey of redemption that takes him from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of outer space.

Directed by Bryan Singer (X2: X-Men United, X-Men, The Usual Suspects), SUPERMAN RETURNS stars newcomer Brandon Routh, Kate Bosworth (Beyond the Sea, Blue Crush), James Marsden (X2: X-Men United, The Notebook), Frank Langella (HBO's Unscripted), Academy Award-winner Eva Marie Saint (North By Northwest), Parker Posey (Best in Show), Sam Huntington (Detroit Rock City), Kal Penn (Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle) and Oscar-winner Kevin Spacey (Beyond the Sea, American Beauty, The Usual Suspects).

Warner Bros. Pictures presents a Jon Peters production in association with Bad Hat Harry Productions, a Bryan Singer film, Superman Returns, starring BRANDON ROUTH, KATE BOSWORTH, JAMES MARSDEN, FRANK LANGELLA, EVA MARIE SAINT, PARKER POSEY, SAM HUNTINGTON, KAL PENN and KEVIN SPACEY. Directed by BRYAN SINGER, the film is produced by JON PETERS, BRYAN SINGER and GILBERT ADLER. The executive producer is CHRIS LEE. The co-producer is STEPHEN JONES. The screenplay is by MICHAEL DOUGHERTY & DAN HARRIS, and the story is by BRYAN SINGER and MICHAEL DOUGHERTY & DAN HARRIS.

The director of photography is NEWTON THOMAS SIGEL A.S.C.; the production designer is GUY DYAS; the film is edited by JOHN OTTMAN and ELLIOT GRAHAM; the costume designer is LOUISE MINGENBACH; and the music is by JOHN OTTMAN. The film is based upon Superman characters created by JERRY SIEGEL & JOE SHUSTER and published by DC Comics.

There's treachery afoot!!!
Am I the only person that is happy JRS is back posting again???

Total box-office = 180 million

no more, imo

It is just a remake right?
IMO it will be more technilogically advanced but other than that, you can't replace Christopher and Gene. Spacey is good but Gene is the man in every movie he has ever been in.

Originally Posted by Crabshakeitch
IMO it will be more technilogically advanced but other than that, you can't replace Christopher and Gene. Spacey is good but Gene is the man in every movie he has ever been in.
As I'm led to believe, it takes place after Superman 2, and Superman 3 & 4 do not exist.

I'm still not sure about Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane, but I am very much looking forward to see this. Kevin Spacey looks great as Lex and I think (due to the great trailer I just watched) Singer is going to pull this one off just fine.

Originally Posted by screentoclose
Total box-office = 180 million

no more, imo
It will have made that in the first 5 weeks.

Progressive Design Technology
I can't wait to see it, no comment.
Spiderman & Superman the best!

Lord of the Idiots!
I was somewhat excited a few months ago for this, but the trailers are doing a good job getting me pumped for this. The previous poster was right, this takes place after Superman II, and 3 and 4 never happened.
We'll see how it goes. I expect it to be like a B- movie on a typical rating scale, but it will be entertaining and 2 hours well spent. Kind of like x3, not put to great reviews, but still, in my mind, definately worth seeing.

I'm going to watch this for my birthday!
I'm paying for myself though.
Actually its one of many films I intend to watch as part of my own birthday treat as and when they come out in June.

Originally Posted by Crabshakeitch
No. It's a re-imaging. Although Blister is correct with it taking place after Supes II. As for Kate, she is absolutely perfectly for the role. IMO.

The trailer posted earlier is actually the international UK version. To view the official third and final trailer for Bryan Singer's upcoming 'Superman Returns' just click
. A superior quality Quicktime version will be available shortly.

Playing only in front of select prints of X-Men: The Last Stand, this one has double the action and alot more added scenes then what we've seen before and man am I stoked. Look up in the sky, for the man of steel returns to theaters this June 30th.

Yeah that looks good. Only problem I have is that annoying ice Fortress of Solitude of his. Kind of wish he updated that to like the one in the comics. Or has that also changed?

Im kind of bummed that John Williams didnt do any new recording or composing for this flick. I guess we'll still get his superman theme from back in the day- but arranged by someone else, (John Ottman, right?)

Maybe he just priced himself right out of the business.

Originally Posted by Zeiken
Im kind of bummed that John Williams didnt do any new recording or composing for this flick. I guess we'll still get his superman theme from back in the day- but arranged by someone else, (John Ottman, right?)
Th picture wouldn't be complete w/out John Williams' original Superman score. No doubt about that. Oh and yes, the composer for the Superman Returns soundtrack is John Ottman.

Here are two new french Superman Returns one-sheets:

The final running time for Warner Bros. Pictures' Superman Returns is 2 hours and 33 minutes with credits included. The film hits conventional theaters, IMAX and IMAX 3D theaters on Wednesday June 28th, with screenings starting 10:00pm Tuesday June 27th.

It is rated PG-13 for some intense action violence.