Your Expectation from the Movie Suicide Squad?

Tools    

Your Expectation from Suicide Squad?
17.39%
4 votes
Excellent
8.70%
2 votes
Great
43.48%
10 votes
Good
17.39%
4 votes
okish
0%
0 votes
Bad
4.35%
1 votes
Worse
8.70%
2 votes
Not Even watchable
23 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Movie Forums Member
The Trailers were good enough to make me move my ass to the theatre and watch it when it releases. You guys?

You can Call me Ramit as it is my real name.

When they released that second trailer that everyone loved, I was telling people not to get their hopes up because judging by the first trailer, the movie wasn't going to be anything like that. I said the studio was just trying to make it look like it has a sense of humour when it obviously wasn't going to.

The fact that they then had to spend millions of dollars on reshoots to make the movie funnier because they didn't realize that's what people wanted speaks volumes about it. I thought it was going to be bad before, and now that they're adding in some forced comedy that's tonally different from the rest of the movie, I think it's going to be a mess. Edit: as it has been pointed out, the reason behind the reshoots was just a rumour. I apologize.

While I am curious to see just how bad it is, I'll only watch it if someone else pays to rent it when it comes out on video.

When they released that second trailer that everyone loved, I was telling people not to get their hopes up because judging by the first trailer, the movie wasn't going to be anything like that. I said the studio was just trying to make it look like it has a sense of humour when it obviously wasn't going to.

The fact that they then had to spend millions of dollars on reshoots to make the movie funnier because they didn't realize that's what people wanted speaks volumes about it. I thought it was going to be bad before, and now that they're adding in some forced comedy that's tonally different from the rest of the movie, I think it's going to be a mess.

While I am curious to see just how bad it is, I'll only watch it if someone else pays to rent it when it comes out on video.
I didn't know about that...

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.

The fact that they then had to spend millions of dollars on reshoots to make the movie funnier because they didn't realize that's what people wanted speaks volumes about it. I thought it was going to be bad before, and now that they're adding in some forced comedy that's tonally different from the rest of the movie, I think it's going to be a mess.
That was a rumor and it was denied by director, now that is funny as hell seeing all you have written above.

It would be yes, but that's not the movie they were making. Since they can't reshoot the entire film, unfortunately it's not going to be the one we get either.
Again, you are hating it based on a rumor. Reshoots were probably done for more Batman as people enjoyed Affleck, the part you are claiming has been officially denied.

Also, reshoot dose not need to be anything major, maybe director wanted few more scenes or more dialog here and there and they allowed him to do it? But naaaa, you can't rant based on that, it's easier this way.

That was a rumor and it was denied by director
I haven't been following any of the news about the movie because I couldn't care less about it so I didn't know it was only a rumour and that the director said otherwise. After the poor reception for Batman v Superman everyone seemed to believe that was the case, so I didn't question it. That's my bad.

People needa cite sources.
I've never been on this particular site before, but they have credible sources from Jai Courtney and the director. Warning: both those pages have auto-play videos.

But naaaa, you can't rant based on that, it's easier this way.
I didn't mean to give the impression that what I said was a rant, because it really wasn't intended to come across that way. I was just stating what I mistaking thought were facts and saying that I didn't think the movie was going to be any good.

I've had the same opinion since they first announced it, so regardless as to what the reshoots were for, it doesn't change my overall desire to see it.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Its time for a break from superhero/comic book films but there wont be one.

Its time for a break from superhero/comic book films but there wont be one.
They can make as many as they want so long as they're good.

While I am a little tired of seeing the market saturated with comic book adaptations (and have been for awhile), like Omni said, as long as they keep making good ones I'll keep seeing them.

While I might have zero faith in the DC franchise, that just gives it more opportunities to impress me, and I will certainly give it every chance to. I'm just done supporting them at the box office. The MCU on the other hand needs to work hard to keep up with what I expect from them, but so far even their worst movies aren't really terrible, so I'm not too worried about them just yet.

Movie Forums Member

The fact that they then had to spend millions of dollars on reshoots to make the movie funnier because they didn't realize that's what people wanted speaks volumes about it. I thought it was going to be bad before, and now that they're adding in some forced comedy that's tonally different from the rest of the movie, I think it's going to be a mess. Edit: as it has been pointed out, the reason behind the reshoots was just a rumour. I apologize.

Just one quick question: Would it have been better in any way if Heath Ledger was The Joker?

Would it have been better in any way if Heath Ledger was The Joker?
To me? No.

While I don't personally like his look, I have a feeling that Jared Leto's Joker will be a new, refreshing take on the character. Given what we've seen from the trailers, I don't think Heath Ledger (RIP) or a Ledger-like performance would really fit this movie.

Originally Posted by CosmicRunaway
While I might have zero faith in the DC franchise, that just gives it more opportunities to impress me, and I will certainly give it every chance to. I'm just done supporting them at the box office. The MCU on the other hand needs to work hard to keep up with what I expect from them,
Very respectable.

Originally Posted by CsmicRunaway
I have a feeling that Jared Leto's Joker will be a new, refreshing take on the character.
His redesign doesn't bother me either. It's obviously still in the relative spirit of the character.

Movie Forums Member
To me? No.

While I don't personally like his look, I have a feeling that Jared Leto's Joker will be a new, refreshing take on the character. Given what we've seen from the trailers, I don't think Heath Ledger (RIP) or a Ledger-like performance would really fit this movie.
Yea maybe you are right. The new Joker suits to the modern society i guess

Ehh, society isn't really any more or less modern than when we had Dark Knight. Either in-universe or in-real-life.

Welcome to the human race...
Nah, he looks like he belongs on MySpace.

I haven't been following any of the news about the movie because I couldn't care less about it so I didn't know it was only a rumour and that the director said otherwise. After the poor reception for Batman v Superman everyone seemed to believe that was the case, so I didn't question it. That's my bad.
It happens, I just dislike when people so strongly go on about something and that something is false.