The Usual Suspects

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Oooooooooh..Silver, Sadie will have you burn for that one...

I see myself as the guy nobody expects to be in on it. A Verbal Kint if you will...
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

hey spud, do you know if that's the way spacey's character's name is spelled?
verbal or verbil? kint or gint? i was just curious- it's gotta be the most unique name i've ever heard. and....... i LOVE that movie.

i vote Toose and Thmilin as guards, T and Spud as hackers, and to go in and cooly yet efficiently grab the goods, i would insist on Holden, and .......i should think LBJ.

as organizer, i'd get my cut ofcourse.

thanks chris......wonder how they came up with that. (verbal not keyser) ?

WARNING: "The Usual Suspects" spoilers below
Keyser means "King," and "Soze" means, I believe "Word." I think it can also mean "Lies" in a certain context. So "Keyser Soze" can mean "King of Words" or "King of Lies," which is what he is, really. Verbal, obviously, goes along with "Words" pretty well. I think it's just a subtle use of meanings.

crime:

MURDERING A HOLLYWOOD SUPERSTAR AND MAKING IT LOOK LIKE A SUICIDE

Sades.
Hands down.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by The Silver Bullet

Julia Roberts:
Sadie, because she's like her in every single way.
I just found this thread. I am...I...oooooooooh, Silver. You dirty, naughty, little boy. You want "evil aura"??...I'll give you evil...can you feel it? I'm sending you vibes. Does it hurt, yet? No? Just wait until you go to sleep...

I wouldn't be a part of an elaborate crime; I'm a solo act, baby. I fly alone. I don't need anyone else, because I know it all. Although, I wouldn't put it past me to get you all to do my dirty work, and then leave you all high and dry while I make off with the loot...I'd run off to my lover in the woods and we'd celebrate over a glass of champagne, while you guys were in a police line-up...MWHaaaaMwHaaaaaMwaaaaaaa.....

Let's take this thread a step towards reality. Anybody here ever been arrested?

I have. Arrested, but not convicted. Spent the night in County lockup. Charges were eventually dismissed by the judge.

But it was just that one time (so far).

Anybody else?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I have never been arrested. But I've been close. I would have been in an absoloute sh!tload of trouble had the police driven past when I lay face down in the tulips in the middle of a roun-a-about. Totally smashed.

Why were you arrested Hold's?

Sades -- you are the sort of person who would steal jewels from a museum in a skin tight black jumpsuit and then escape through the water ducts. And stab a policeman with stillettos.

I've never been arrested, but there was a police report filed once. I broke some old guy's window while out with some friends. We were messing around in the street...we were taking turns throwing a football too each other, and hitting the football with an aluminum baseball bat (yes, I'm being serious). My turn came, and I hit the crap out of it (considering it was a football)...it's high, fairly long, Mike yells "Nice hit, Eck!" (a nickname at the time), and it smashes a window. Seeing as how I think the oldest of us was 14 or so, we all ran inside Mike/Anna's house.

I sit there for awhile, and eventually decide that I'm sick of running. To be perfectly blunt, this was really a major turning point in my life. I got up and decided to walk over and ask to fix it. I had $40 with me at the time, so I figured I'd offer it to him. My best friend, showing just why he is my best friend, came with me.

The guy got all pissy about it (thank goodness, though...I broke a window which was "protecting" a stained glass window, so it could've been a lot worse). He was all official about it. He called the cops. THE COPS! Can you believe it? The cop comes down, talks to us both, I'm just standing there, sick of this stupid crap. I sit in the cop's car for a minute...he says he has to file a report, and not to worry, because it's just a formality.

Then Fred (the old guy who's window I broke) asks the cop for his badge number. He asked him for this f*ckin' badge number! What a freak. As Fred's writing the number down, I'm nearly sure I see the cop wink at me...I take it to mean "yeah, I know, he's nuts. Don't worry, you're not in trouble." Fred takes down my info, the cop leaves, and at some point I call Sue, my stepmom. She's all proud of me for not just running off completely...eventually she ends up calling Fred, and he wants us to handle the fixing personally and all that, but eventually he backs down, when she reminds him that most kids would've run right off, so Dad/Sue pay for the window on my behalf and that's the end of it. Yay.

Oh, and there was one time a friend of mine (won't say who...you probably don't know the person anyway) went streaking during a sleepover at our house. You guessed it: spotted by a cop near our house, and to make matters worse, my parents weren't even there at the time. He went with the cops (it wasn't a big deal or anything in the end), and I had a rather sleepless night.

Those two little brushes are all I can think of. Any chance we can squeeze the specific offense out of you, Holdman?

Ok, heregoes...

I was caught shoplifting once. I was 12 at the time.

I was in a Collector's store and was looking at the baseball cards. Don't ask me why but I just started sliding a pack into my pocket, I'm the only customer in there!!

Needless to say, I got caught. The lady working asked for my parent's work number, I told her they were on a business trip in Paris,

She basically told me that if there was nobody to call she would call the cops, I gave in. I told her my dads work number, and she didn't know how to dial in a beeper number, so we had to do that a couple of times. I ended up getting grounded for a month and I learned my lesson. It literally scared me sh*tless.

my my silverol' boy...you are sure "lit" this weekend!

....painting sadie a law-breakin' lady,
of holdon- suggesting some animal molestin',
talkin' arses and mules- as if we're all fools................

and WHY IN THE H*ll AM I RHYMING MY POST?

It's kind of a long dull story. Basically I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. And unluckily for me, there's still a charge on the Maryland books to handle that: Rogue & Vagabond. Cool, huh? Sounds like something from D&D.

The basic story is I was out with three of my buddies at about 2:00am and we were fu*kin' around. We had been drinking, of course. Took the car to the automated carwash (rolled down the windows with radio blasting, etc.), and were on our way across town to 7-11 to get some chili dogs and sunglasses and whatnot - all the kinds of impulse items you buy in the wee hours of the morning when you've got a buzz.

But my friend who was driving was swerving along to the music, as stupid as that sounds. Cop pulls us over, he fails the breathalizer. That might have been the end of it for the other three of us, since it's not a crime to be drunk as a passenger. But they did a search of the car, and as we all worked at a theatre making sets and such we had a sh!tload of tools in the car, plus the guy who was driving (and who's car it was) liked to juggle and had his long-@ss juggling knives in the trunk. So, we had weapons and tools that could conceiveably be used for break-ins (bolt cutters especially caught their attention). An alarm at some warehouse in the general area had gone off about 45-minutes beforehand, so they decided to just take us all in.

That charge, since the three passengers weren't doing anything specific but simply looked suspicious from the cop's point-of-view and were out with no particular place to go, is simply called Rogue & Vagabond. It's on the books from the olden days, when they could lock up derelicts and passers through who couldn't afford to get off the street.

Of course the driver of the car was in real trouble, and was charged with a DUI. The rest of us were cuffed, printed, photographed - the whole bit. We all spent the night in the County jail. Since it was a Saturday night/Sunday morning, the jail was all full by the time we rolled in around 3:00am. So instead of proper cells, we were all put together into the drunk tank, which had a couple benches on the wall, two beds, and a toilet. We were supposed to get our phonecalls, but because it was late and shift changes and such, they forgot about us. I got out around 1:00pm, and the last of my friends was out by 2:30pm. You had to go in front of a judge, get R.O.R. and a court date set.

By the time the court date actually arrived (we had to get lawyers and all), the Rogue & Vagabond charges were all dismissed, and after eight months or something our records were supposedly expunged. In theory I can honestly reply that I have not been arrested on applications and the like, because technically the judge wiped it out like it never happened and shouldn't be on the books any longer.

The friend with the D.U.I lost his license for I forget how long, had to go to the driving classes, etc. This was back when I was 19 I think. The fella driving was 20, the other guy in the backseat with me was 19, and the guy in the passenger seat was 25.

All in all it was OK. Long night, and I was the only one keeping everyone's spirits up. Obviously the friend who was driving was inconsolable, but for the others I took the plastic matress off the bed for a shield and used my socks for handpuppets for a show or three, I did some good singing and fake harmonica playing, etc. I had a good time, I guess.

So arrested, but never convicted.

BTW, that friend with the juggling knives who got the D.U.I. eventually went to Clown College and became an official Ringling Brothers clown, traveling on the train from town to town with the circus for two separate stints of two and three years. Eventually married a girl from the circus, one of the dancers who rode the elephants. I ***** you not.

You get a D in Reading Comprehension.

This was back when I was 19 I think.
EDIT: ahhh, you've changed your ways, I see. Don't think I didn't catch that little switch.

I'm watching a movie and reading at the same time. I saw it, and went back and corrected myself....thank you very much sir...

I've done far worse stuff (ahhh, youth!), just never got hauled in by the cops before.

Anybody ever been suspended or expelled from school?

I was. Suspended, three days, junior year of High School. But that story is REALLY long and complicated and I don't have the energy to tell it. I'll just tease you with what was actually written on the suspension letter that went into my so-called permanent record: "Disciplined for running an illegal, immoral and illicit campaign for SGA President".

Again, I ***** you not.