Have you ever seen a film production?

Tools    

I just know they're coming to kill me.
I think this is a cool idea for a thread to see which major films some of us may have been fortunate enough to see the production of. So far, my family has only seen two. They were:

1. Spider-Man 2 - Me, mom, and dad were in New York when they were shooting this. I got to see (and take a photo of) Raimi and Toby. In case you were wondering, we saw them shoot the opening scene where Parker is riding his moped and almost hits his boss. Man, was there a crowd. I was lucky enough to talk some extras and speak to them. I got pictures. Anyone interested in seeing them, drop me an email at [email protected]

2. A Christmas Story - Wasn't alive for this one, but my folks, uncle, and siblings saw the slide that Santa makes the kids go down. It was shot here in Cleveland (I live in a suburb) in a place called Tower City and a store called Higbees. I've been there too.

So, what film productions have you MoFo's seen?

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I was an extra in the film Paradise. I spent a day at the Cleveland Greyhound Bust Station and got to see Elijah Wood from waaaaaaay across the room. He was about 6 at the time and therefore microscopic.

I saw a scene from Pleasantville shot, with all the old cars on Sunset Blvd.

I did a small role in a film, but it was not released. It was interesting to see how VERY seat-of-the-pants you fly, in contrast to theater where you rehearse a lot (usually).

I see film crews all over Hollywood, weekly. I can't tell what they're filming, though.

I saw them filming part of the rooftop sequence from In the Line of Fire in D.C. I didn't even know they were supposed to be there, but my girlfriend worked in that Adams Morgan neighborhood and I just happened to come downtown and meet her for lunch that day.

That's the biggest production I saw taking place.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Only TV shows I am interested to hear peoples stories.

living in northern new jersey, the only thing i've seen is taping of the sopranos. one of my best friends just a few weeks ago went into newark to see the filming of War Of The Worlds. he saw tom cruise and spoke a few words to steven speilberg.

I literally stumbled upon the filming of JAWS 2 at the Gulf Islands national seashore. I think they thought I was an extra so they did not say anything. I got to see the plaster shark mounted on this weird contraption. I did not know until later what it was I saw.

rob sees a lot of films being made as he works in nyc...the closest he's ever come was die hard three when they blew up the department store in the beginning of the film...right down the block from him and it was an empty store

Coming from England, we have a lot of unseen Z-list material which has never been and never will be seen, but I was in a film. It was a kiddie called 'Revenge of the Lollipop Lady', set in Manchester, England, and I played one of the main characters friends. Aparantly it has never been seen by public eyes so you'll have to take my word for it.......

Yeah, that's the trouble with British films. Did you know that out of all the British films made in one year, only half of them get released.

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Originally Posted by undercoverlover
why is that parky?
The rest of them aren't funny

Monument Ave.
A Civil Action
What's The Worst That Could Happen
Mystic River
Celtic Pride
Fever Pitch
State & Main