Give me your Masterpiece!

Tools    

The Terminator
The Shawshank Redemption (1994)

So, let's get this thread back on feet!

Everyone's giving serious recs. Am I the only one who thinks this thread is pure troll?
This makes me think that some movies maybe not be as good because they are jokes, but I'm not taking any chances , I'm watching all of them, I don't want to say:
"Oh I saw Transformers and it was really bad, this was definitively a troll"
and then I realize it was a serious masterpiece from someone. I'm watching them all and I'll just say if I like them, hate them or love them.

IDK. But strangely my recommendation was completely ignored.
Also, sorry foster I saw your post but I thought you meant Schindler was a user, and that I should see one of the movies of his favorite list, I'm such an idiot, I just added it, it will be the next movie on the To watch list.

I've seen some movies in the last months, some on Netflix, some because of Hall of Fame others on my own.

Angels With Dirty Faces

This was without a doubt really entertaining!

Nashville

I didn't like that much the kind of movie in general, not my favorite topic

Suckerpunch

I guess I was wrong, new is not always better.

Jurassic Park

This movie made me wanting more! I will totally watch the sequels

The Godfather

Really intersting movie, feeling curious about the Godfather 2

Blade Runner

Soon enough in the 10th Hall of Fame

Mad Max: Fury Road

I saw it a while after, really intersting the post apocalypse universe My greatest doubt was those men in the lake with sticks on his arms and legs

The only thing I have ever watched which I have dared to call a "masterpiece" in any serious capacity is Paranoia Agent and that's because it managed to intellectually dwarf me all three times I watched it before a bunch of different people managed to explain it to me sufficiently.

It's not a movie though.

I'm extremely reluctant to throw the "M" word around.

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
"Sunrise: a tale of two humans". I know it's old, I know it's black n white, I know it's a silent movie, but watch it. It's awesome.

Cool!! more suggestions! I think I will watch Guaporense and Omni's movie 2nd and 3rd since I love animations and they look pretty interesting and then Poison Ivy but as I said before, now I will watch Schindler's list!!!

Cool!! more suggestions! I think I will watch Guaporense and Omni's movie 2nd and 3rd since I love animations and they look pretty interesting and then Poison Ivy but as I said before, now I will watch Schindler's list!!!
As I said, mine's not a movie, it's a 13-episode 30-minute-each show.

I am a veteran about watching movies for entertainment myself

I see the list and frankly they are the best for their time BUT definitely not for alltime re-watching!

mostly some are for the watch and forget category, specially those favored by critics.
citizen kane , 12 angry men are among them

d. w. Griffith. james whale, max linder, Charles chaplin, cecil b, demille are excellent ebtertainers on their field and whose movies are n ot listed here

about the anime movies made in japan that are listed here, well, they are not the most entertaining ones. only missing is cardcaptor sakura
try to see scrapped princess, angel heart, little princess sara, etc

I recommend seeing movies from ancient times
this way, you have more fun and will not accept critics as your guide to see movies. just trust your own tastes

I am a veteran about watching movies for entertainment myself

I see the list and frankly they are the best for their time BUT definitely not for alltime re-watching!

mostly some are for the watch and forget category, specially those favored by critics.
citizen kane , 12 angry men are among them

d. w. Griffith. james whale, max linder, Charles chaplin, cecil b, demille are excellent ebtertainers on their field and whose movies are n ot listed here

about the anime movies made in japan that are listed here, well, they are not the most entertaining ones. only missing is cardcaptor sakura
try to see scrapped princess, angel heart, little princess sara, etc

I recommend seeing movies from ancient times
this way, you have more fun and will not accept critics as your guide to see movies. just trust your own tastes
Thanks! Lately I didn't want to watch movies because sometimes I don't enjoy them a lot, that's why I ask for masterpieces, because this movies are the ones that really entertain whether it's gender or year of release. I just want to see movies without feeling the hurge to skip some minutes until the end. And I'm getting really happy with all the support people are giving me by recommending SO MANY MOVIES.

I'm also kind of begginner in the whole watching movies thing, I saw a lot but not as many as this crazy guys around here . When I've watched a lot I'm sure I will get which is my taste in movies

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Ops! I goofed, tatmmw2! The title of my sugestion is Sunrise: A Song of two humans, not a tale of two humans, my bad. Also, I had it at releasing in 1922 for some reason when it acually came out in 1927.

Again, sorry if it caused any cofusion.