An Egg

Tools    

It was a car accident. Nothing particularly remarkable, but fatal certainly. You left your wife and children. The paramedics did their best to bring you back, but there was nothing to do. Your body was completely destroyed, it was better this way, believe me.

And then you saw me.

What ... what happened? -You asked me-, where am I?

-You died -I told you-. No need to hide it from you.

There was a ... a truck and was out of the way ...

-A crush.

-żDid I die?

But don't feel bad about that. Everybody dies.

You looked around. There was nothing, just you and me. -'what Is this place?' -You asked-. Is what's after life?

More or less -I replied you-.

'Are you God?

Yes, I am. -I said-, to your amazement.

My children ... my wife ...

'What about them?

They -żAre they ok?

-I Like that. Just died and your main concern is your family. That's good.

You looked me fascinated. You didn't see me as God, you looked me like a man. Some vague authority figure. More than a grammar teacher than a powerful God.

Don't worry -I said-, they will be fine. Your children will remember you as someone perfect in every way. They had no time to keep you a grudge. Your wife will mourn in public, but secretly feeling relieved. To be honest, your marriage was falling apart. If it's any consolation, you will feel very guilty for feeling relieved.

Ah ... So what happens now ?, I go to heaven or hell or something?

-None of them. You reincarnated.

-Well -you whispered-, Hindus were right.

'All religions are right in their own way. Come with me.

You kept asking while we walk in the emptiness. 'Where are we going?'

-Nowhere in particular. It's nice to walk while we talk.

'What would be the point of this?' -It didn't take you long to ask-. 'When reborn, I will be like a cleaned blackboard, right? A baby. And so all my experience and what I did in this life won't matter.

You're wrong, you have the knowledge and experiences of all your past lives, you just don't remember them now -I stop walking and took you by the shoulders-. Your soul is more beautiful, magnificent and gigantic than you can imagine. A human mind can hold only a fraction of what you are. It's like sticking your finger in a glass of water to see if it is hot or cold. You put a small part of you in the glass, and when you remove it, you get all the experience It had.

"You've been a human for the last 34 years, at this moment can't feel the rest of your immense consciousness. But if we stay here any longer, you would begin to remember everything. Of course no sense to do that between each life.

I guess I will have reincarnated many times ...

Oh yes, many times and in many different lives. This time you reincarnate in a Chinese peasant of 540 B.C

-What? You are sending me to the past?

Well, technically. Time, as you know, only exists in your universe. Things are different where I come from.

-Where do you come from?

-Oh right! I come from a place ... a place more different than this one. Where there are others like me. I know you want to know how is there, but honestly you won't understand.

You were some kind of disappointed. 'But in that case, if I reincarnated in other places and times, I may interact with myself at some point!

Sure. It happens all the time. With both only concerned lives of its existence, you will never notice it.

-What would be the point?

Are you serious?, Are you asking me about the meaning of life?

It's a reasonable question -You insisted-.

I looked into his eyes.- 'The Meaning of life, the reason I made this great universe, is for you to grow up.

'Do you mean the human race ?, Do you want us to mature?

-No, just you. I made this universe for you. With each new life you grow and mature, and you increase your intellect.

What about the others?

-There aren't others - I said. 'In this universe, there is nothing but you and me'.

- But all the people in the Earth ...

-All of them are you. Different incarnations of you.

Wait, I am all ?!

Now you are understanding.

I am every human who has ever lived?

Or who will live, yes.

Am I Abraham Lincoln?

And you're John Wilkes Booth, also.

I am Hitler? 'I asked..

And you're the millions he killed.

Am I Jesus?

And you everyone who believes in him.

Whenever someone victimized you, you victimized yourself. Every act of kindness you've done to someone, you did it to yourself. Every happy and sad moment that has been experienced by any human was, or will be, experienced by you.

-Why?

Because someday you'll be like me. Because that's what you're one of my kind. You're my son.

-So...you mean I'm a god?

-No, not yet. You're a fetus. You will continue to grow. Once you've lived every human life in all possible times, you will be grown enough to be born.

Then the whole universe, you are saying it is...?

A sort of egg '-I said.- 'Now it's time to go to your next life.

And with that, I sent you to your destination.

Sorry is this a riddle, or a poem, or what? It's too cryptic for me, but thanks for the interesting read

I was expecting something like, "And then I chuckled, 'Stupid, self centered human they always fall for that crud'.".