What Is The Last DVD You WATCHED?

Tools    

Keep on Rockin in the Free World

Watched Cop Out last night. It was alright I guess, I liked the scenes with Seann William Scott in it the most.

A couple of oldies

What's up Doc

What's New Pussycat

http://films.nfb.ca/animation-express/

Here's one of the films:
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Any other comments about any of these last-watched DVDs?

I love Yojimbo, What's Up, Doc? and National Velvet. I recently watched St. Elmo's Fire and commented on it in Movie Tab II. What did you think of Bullitt, especially the ending (without spoiling it)? Ghost Writer is well-worth discussing, and even if I agree that Chainsaw 2 is a joke, I think it's way better than the original Chain Saw.

I love Yojimbo and Bullitt was pretty cool, something I didn't care for at first but by the end I was sad there was no more, haven't seen the rest but I really really want to see Ghost Writer

and even if I agree that Chainsaw 2 is a joke, I think it's way better than the original Chain Saw.
how so?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Well, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre is obviously considered much better now than it once was. I saw it at the theatre on its original release. I thought it was horrible. I loathed the victims and especially wanted "Mr. Wheelchair" to die long before he did. I thought that many of the scenes went on forever, almost to the point of unintentional parody. I'm talking about the scene with Grandpa and the hammer and the loud, never-ending chase at the end. I certainly couldn't relate to any single character in the entire film.

Now I've watched it several times since my first viewing, and I can see some intense moments of suspense. The problem is that those moments add up to about seven minutes of an 83-minute movie. As far as the sequel, sure, it was mostly played for dark comedic laughs but at least that meant that Hooper thought that he owed his audience some form of entertainment. There is that bravura scene with all the Christmas lights.