I've never watched Avatar, ask me anything

Tools    

Oh god...Welp get asking folks

Blue cat aliens, element benders, or neither?

Do you think it's worth seeing more than one of Tony Jaa's movies? Or just Ong Bak?

I've never actually hid one before but the dirtiest place I've FOUND one is underneath a pile of dirt inside my aunt's backyard

My hope was this sentence would end with the word 'underwear'.

After watching both movies still can't figure it out if through Tsaheylu the Na'vi could penetrate entirely a mountain banshee's mind or if it was merely a surface bonding during the flight/riding.

Boldly going.
Avatar is simply Disney's version of Pocahontas (which itself is entirely historically inaccurate) set on another planet.
Is it though? Over the course of Avatar, Jake gradually becomes more na'vi and completely immerses himself in their culture and biology. He is literally reborn. In Pocahontas (1995 - I haven't seen it, but I browsed the plot in Wikipedia), John Smith returns to England in the end, leaving Pocahontas behind.

Having grown up with Star Wars, I'm a big fan of epic sci-fi movies like this. I'm looking forward to the third installment.

To paraphrase Billy Joel:

Everybody's talkin' bout the new sound funny, but it's still 'white savior trope' to me.

Is it though? Over the course of Avatar, Jake gradually becomes more na'vi and completely immerses himself in their culture and biology. He is literally reborn. In Pocahontas (1995 - I haven't seen it, but I browsed the plot in Wikipedia), John Smith returns to England in the end, leaving Pocahontas behind.

Having grown up with Star Wars, I'm a big fan of epic sci-fi movies like this. I'm looking forward to the third installment.
Yes, admittedly the entire "avatar" aspect of the movie (humans using a technology to take on a physical manifestation of the aliens) is unique to the story and has no analogous aspect to Disney's Pocahontas.

But the basic plot (invaders from another land who are more technologically advanced than the natives, and the natives who are more primitive & in touch with the natural world, the love story of the outsider with a native, the whole "manifest destiny" attitude of the invaders - especially the main villain - to take the land and claim it as their own while desiring to subjugate or eliminate the natives) is the same as Disney's Pocahontas.

But have you seen the Avatar with air benders and stuff?