Stardust: David Bowie Biopic

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...ardust-1181578

Johnny Flynn, musician and actor, has been cast to play the late musical icon David Bowie in Stardust. The film is co-starring Jena Malone and Marc Maron. Gabriel Range is directing the film with the script by Christopher Bell.

The film will involve the rise of Bowie, beginning with his 1st American trip in 1971, the inspiration for his iconic alter ego, Ziggy Stardust.

Welcome to the human race...
According to Duncan Jones, this biopic has not cleared the rights to actually use any of Bowie's music so that sounds like it's going to be a problem.

With the success of Boheman Rhapsody, I was expecting a huge wave of rock biopics coming out of Hollywood, and here it comes... And oh yes, I'm all for them

First Elton John's biopic is on its way and now Bowie.

I'm hoping a Michael Jackson and John Lennon/Beatles biopic is in the works. They have yet to make a legitimate Elvis Presley biopic, so I'm sure that's being planned as we speak.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Yeah, a Bowie film really needs to be more like I'm Not There than Bohemian Rhapsody.
A movie about Bowie will probably turn out to be unconventional. Either way, it would be interesting to see how they tell his story. Hopefully, they get the music situation figured out.

Bohemian Rhapsody is obviously gonna help a few of these get made. I just hope they aren't successful enough that we get All the Stars: The Story of Smashmouth.

Bohemian Rhapsody is obviously gonna help a few of these get made. I just hope they aren't successful enough that we get All the Stars: The Story of Smashmouth.
Or better yet...Lump: The Story of the Presidents of the United States of America

This might just do nobody any good.
I’d also add that a Bowie biopic without the participation of Tilda Swinton feels... erroneous.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Nice, but long. Maybe abstract, like Peaches and Kitties.
I read this first, without context of the post you were replying to and was losing my mind trying to remember ANY Bowie reference that had to do with peaches Or kitties. haha ugh. Man, I'm glad it's Friday =\

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear