Plan 9 (Remake)

Tools    

I'm kind of surprised there's nothing here about this because I feel like I'm always behind the times when it comes to this kind of thing, but after doing an exhaustive search I found no threads about this movie. Plan 9 from Outer Space is going to be remade. I know, your mind is blown, right? Anyway, I just thought I'd post the teaser which was officially released today I think...

Thanks for posting that Sarah. Looks pretty sweet. It's a verry different take on the original I must say And much better even lol. Yeah the the original one was so called deemed a "classic" to some, but it was a piece of cinematic crap if you actually look at it lmao.

Originally Posted by SarahF
I'm kind of surprised there's nothing here
Barely many people post movie news here often anyways. It's rare. So really you shouldn't be surprised.

Welcome to the human race...
Thanks for posting that Sarah. Looks pretty sweet. It's a verry different take on the original I must say And much better even lol. Yeah the the original one was so called deemed a "classic" to some, but it was a piece of cinematic crap if you actually look at it lmao.
Er, dude, I think you may have missed the point. People have been calling Plan 9 From Outer Space "the worst movie ever made" ever since it came out about fifty years ago. Of course it's crap! However, when it comes to the "so bad it's funny" category, it's a classic (not to be confused with more conventional classics like Casablanca, of course).

Er, dude, I think you may have missed the point.
I don't think so. I know why it has been such a "classic". Plan 9 From Outer Space is and always will be the worst movie ever made. I just consider the original ridiculously lame.

Welcome to the human race...
I don't think so. I know why it has been such a "classic". Plan 9 From Outer Space is and always will be the worst movie ever made. I just consider the original ridiculously lame.
No kidding. Of course the original is "ridiculously lame" - how else do you think it was considered such a gloriously trashy "masterpiece" in the first place?

We sound very disagreeable for a pair of people who basically agree.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I would have hoped the Saturnians would have changed plans and used one which would work this time. Say, Plan 7 or Plan 10. But NOOOO... "Stupid... Stupid!"

Semper Fooey
The worst movie ever made? I don't think so. There are plenty just as bad. Maybe even a little better than some (just a little). This looks pretty bad, just another zombie movie

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Barely many people post movie news here often anyways. It's rare. So really you shouldn't be surprised.
You're soooo right. Hardly anyone posts anything worthy of attention around here.

Meanwhile, others are posting things that are irrelevant and otherwise a waste of cyberspace, but since they find it interesting, they feel the need to share with everyone else.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

You're soooo right. Hardly anyone posts anything worthy of attention around here.
I hate to brag...but if I don't post what I post, and Lennon, we barely wouldnt have that much new movie info on this board.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I hate to brag...but if I don't post what I post, and Lennon, we barely wouldnt have that much new movie info on this board.
Again, you're sooooo right. While you were gone, no new movie info was posted. A majority of us, barely have enough common sense to find this place on a regular basis.

Which left a hole for an interested party, such as yourself, to step in and fill.

Exactly. We're not really a news site, so we don't focus on it a lot. But it can be a good jumping off point, so if you like posting it, great. But I would hope you do it because you like to do it, and not with a chip on the shoulder or anything.

Happy New Year from Philly!
I am going to go out on a limb and conjecture that there must be a lot of glue sniffers running Hollywood. It would explain so much.

It's actually being made by a pretty much unknown director by his own production company I think... So I don't know how "Hollywood" it really is. Or that its budget is that big either...