Iron Man

Tools    

In the Beginning...
Apparently, these are rejected 3-d rendered Iron Man concepts for the upcoming film. The initial design at the bottom looks awful, but the revised design at the top (more Granov-esque) looks pretty good.

Originally Posted by JBriscoe
only if Iron Man was 5' 7"
Bah, who cares? The man wears a robot suit.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally Posted by Sleezy
Robert Downey, Jr. is Tony Stark.
Yeah, I saw that headline on comingsoon.net, and I cringed a little. Who knows though, he might be able to pull it off.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Every breath you take, watching you
It'd be interesting to see Black Sabbath's song of the same name used in the soundtrack! Can't you just imagine Ironman flying around in some badass way with this playing, dolbying up the cinema?

I could also see Ozzy playing a cameo role as a slightly mad henchman / evil dude's assistant too. Hell, he wouldn't even have to act too much to do it.

Robert Downey Jr. is one of my favorite actors around. I'd love seeing him in anything, including as Tony Stark.

Yeah, man, bring it on.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

hahahaha thats so ironic that a drunken, drug using, womaniser is playing a drunken, drug-using womaniser. but then again, maybe now robert downey jr will actually seem like a good actor lol

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Dante117
hahahaha thats so ironic that a drunken, drug using, womaniser is playing a drunken, drug-using womaniser.
I wouldn't be surprised if that actually had a lot to do with why he decided to take the role. He seems to have really come to terms with his past recently, and I'm guessing he wanted to seize the opportunity to further accept his prior addictions in a constructive manner. I mean, he's got to know that he - more so than anyone else, really - is best-suited to play Tony Stark. And because Stark is a superhero who struggles with the same kinds of addictions, I'm guessing Downey and Favreau are going to really confront those issues. Iron Man has always been about a morally small man finding purpose and salvation through his own work, and though in different ways, I think that dually applies to Robert Downey Jr.

Which is why I'm so very excited about this whole project.

but then again, maybe now robert downey jr will actually seem like a good actor lol
It's a shame you're banned, because I was really looking forward to arguing with you.

Oh well.

Someone needs their fill.
hahahaha thats so ironic that a drunken, drug using, womaniser is playing a drunken, drug-using womaniser. but then again, maybe now robert downey jr will actually seem like a good actor lol
Mmmhmm, it's funny when you find coincedences with actors having problems ^o).

I don't like the casting of Downey. I have never seen him in a film and liked him in it. I'm excited about the movie though, so maybe this one will redeem him for me.

This has potential to be a great big blockbuster film.

I totally agree. I have high hopes for it.

Originally Posted by Terminator734
you'd be suprised what a director can do to a movie with a big budget

i mean look at X-men 3 - Ratner wasnt a good choice to go with there
Not as bad as Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut - awesome character, terrible casting

In the Beginning...
A first look at the Golden Age Iron Man suit from the upcoming Favreau film. This likely won't be the main suit, but I think it's great that they've decided to include the 'ol clunker. Personally, I'm more than pleased with the result.

Teeth of Lions Rule the Divine
I just heard about this not too long ago, and I am greatly anticipating this movie because Iron Man is my favorite Marvel superhero.