HOF Organization Thread

Tools    

Glad that there will be a Foreign HOF, will probably join that. I don't really get why we have to confine it to one continent though, don't think foreign language hofs film come around enough for us to exclude the majority of the world. I'd also much rather an Asian one than a European one if we had to as that's what i'm planning on getting into right now, also Asia is alot more culturally different to what most of us are used to than mainland Europe so i think it would be more interesting.

Glad that there will be a Foreign HOF, will probably join that. I don't really get why we have to confine it to one continent though, don't think foreign language hofs film come around enough for us to exclude the majority of the world.
I agree. I'd rather go with just any non-English language film for the HoF I'll be hosting. If it goes well, we can always do region-specific HoFs afterwards.

I'm throwing an idea out there, tell me if it interests you.

Recently I'm really into the French new Wave, I've seen pretty much all the big names, I think I'd enjoy a French New Wave HOF, what do you guyz think?

I'm throwing an idea out there, tell me if it interests you.

Recently I'm really into the French new Wave, I've seen pretty much all the big names, I think I'd enjoy a French New Wave HOF, what do you guyz think?
I'd be interested if it was after the Foreign one. I've only seen four or five French New Wave films right now and only two i really like so if they were taken i'd have to nominate something i haven't seen haha.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
a general foreign HoF hosted by Cosmic sounds great! I'm in

and depending on how that goes, branching off to more specific continents/regions/countries and so forth would be fun

By the way, is there already a scheduled date for 13th HOF or we're putting it on hold for now?

Jeff, as far as I know the 13th Hof is still unscheduled but will take place sometime. I hope to see you there
I'll definitely look to join, as long as I won't have too many obligations on my plate during its occurrence. From what I've seen HOF's time-frame is suited for comfortable 1-2 watches per week, right?

I'll definitely look to join, as long as I won't have too many obligations on my plate during its occurrence. From what I've seen HOF's time-frame is suited for comfortable 1-2 watches per week, right?
It's up to the host, but the standard is 1 week of time added to the Hof for each movie nomination. Usually there's been around 12 members, so 12 movies would make the Hof about 12 weeks long.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I wonder if the guy who nominated The Man From Nowhere will ever post again. He made me trust him after his quick start, felt so used

Was that the RoyalwitCheese guy? I thought he was probably an alt account, but I couldn't figure out whose alt.

Yeah that's the ID name, but why would you think he was an alt account?

I don't remember what triggered that thought, but he seemed to be jumping into threads pretty fast, and he seemed to understand things that most newbies are confused about. He didn't ask questions about how things like the HoF worked. He just joined up like he had done it before.

I don't remember what triggered that thought, but he seemed to be jumping into threads pretty fast, and he seemed to understand things that most newbies are confused about. He didn't ask questions about how things like the HoF worked. He just joined up like he had done it before.
I didn't pay much attention to his post outside of the Hof. But he did do the work, watch the movies and post about them, until he dropped out and off the sight. I don't see an alt account doing that. But who knows?

I didn't pay much attention to his post outside of the Hof. But he did do the work, watch the movies and post about them, until he dropped out and off the sight. I don't see an alt account doing that. But who knows?

I didn't have any proof. It was just a feeling that I got when I read his early posts.

I didn't have any proof. It was just a feeling that I got when I read his early posts.
Nah he wasn't an alt. I made jokes that he was my alt early on which may have triggered you thinking this. He did ask how things worked; he asked me how to use an avatar the day he joined pretty much, the dude watched the wrong Joe film haha.