Neiba's All-Time Top 100 (2015 Edition)

→ in
Tools    

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Neiba, you should see the Russian cartoon film of "Beauty and The Beast".... Minio sent it to me.. It was very good...
Thanks MG!! I'll definitely check that one!

Master of My Domain
Lol I just noticed that Dracula has Gary Oldman in it.

I suddenly have the heart to check out the movie.

Thanks MG!! I'll definitely check that one!
Sent you a message with it and another film to check out.

Ok I will buy that excuse... LOL
Well, I was tired because I was completely rat arsed.

I don't think I ever fell asleep during a movie, no matter how sleepy I am...
You should watch 2001. That's the only movie I've ever fallen asleep during when I wasn't tired or drunk.

Well, I was tired because I was completely rat arsed.

You should watch 2001. That's the only movie I've ever fallen asleep during when I wasn't tired or drunk.
I fell asleep at the cinema on one of the LOTR films and one of the Hobbit films. Both times I was sick with a cold... Only fell asleep for about 15 to 20 minutes....

Lol I just noticed that Dracula has Gary Oldman in it.

I suddenly have the heart to check out the movie.
If you liked him in Leon, then give it a go. It's that level of scene chewing. He and Hopkins seem to be in competition to see who can overact the most.

If you liked him in Leon, then give it a go. It's that level of scene chewing. He and Hopkins seem to be in competition to see who can overact the most.
Hey I like Anthony Hopkins.. I think he's a great actor... .Gary Oldman.. not so much...

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Watch Tale of Tales as well as other Norstein shorts (if you haven't)

Yeah, I'm laughing with the thought of how much you'll hate my Top 10!

Amazing how you always surprise me!

Hey I like Anthony Hopkins.. I think he's a great actor... .Gary Oldman.. not so much...
They're both great actors. But there's a difference between being a great actor and great acting. Oldman gives a wonderful performance. He, along with the set design, production, costume dept, etc carry this film, but that doesn't make it good acting.

Not sure I follow you, Hk..
I thought the reason they were great actors was because of their acting ability?

thats why Im a huge fan of Mads.. he's an exceptional actor... he's very diverse in his characters and plays them great.

you know that Neiba!

Not sure I follow you, Hk..
You can give a performance that the director has asked from you, but it's not great acting. See everyone in The Happening. Or a great actor can go completely OTT. See Hopkins in SotL. An average/poor actor can give a perfect performance for the part. Look at Arnie as the Terminator or Keanu as Neo in The Matrix or the Bill And Ted films.

You can give a performance that the director has asked from you, but it's not great acting. See everyone in The Happening. Or a great actor can go completely OTT. See Hopkins in SotL. An average/poor actor can give a perfect performance for the part. Look at Arnie as the Terminator or Keanu as Neo in The Matrix or the Bill And Ted films.
So you think Hopkins in SotL and Oldman in Dracula are over the top? I don't think I could ever disagree more...

(500) Days of Summer
Marc Webb
USA

Do you ever do this, you think back on all the times you've had with someone and you just replay it in your head over and over again and you look for those first signs of trouble?

It's hard to find another movie that portrays so perfectly what is falling in love, breaking up and trying to get over it.
(500) Days of Summer presents itself as an an anti-romcom, with a non-linear but incredibly realistic script, an alternative and fresh cinematography and especially a sad but true ending!
There's also great chemistry between the two main actors and a wonderful directing by Marc Webb.

It's that movie you should see everytime you don't know where your heart is. You'll laugh, remember all the good stuff someone made you live and you'll eventually end up with a heart broken with the bitter truth: Nothing lasts forever.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
What is this indie debauchery? Give me some hardcore arthouse flicks!

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

Stanley Kramer
USA

Then what happens next? I'll tell you what happens: Then they all decide that I'm supposed to get a smaller share! That I'm somebody extra special stupid, or something! That they don't even care if it's a democracy! And in a democracy, it don't matter how stupid you are, you still get an equal share!

A comedy epic of absolutely tremendous proportions!
It's not the funniest movie ever and don't expect to laugh uncontrollably during the 3 and a half hours this movie has, but it has some aspects that make it a better comedy than most: a great cast, formed by some of the most talented comedy actors of the 50s and 60s with the addition of a surprisingly funny Spencer Tracy (a traditionally dramatic actor), a brilliant script with some of the most quotable scenes ever and a perfect direction filled with delicious details and a really well done pacing.
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World is the proof that Stanley Kramer had as much sense of humour as filmmaking talent.