President Trump

Tools    

I think you've coined a new phrase, Omni: "One-Monther MoFos!"

I warned the board that among all these unvetted immigrants coming to this site claiming to seek refuge, some might cause trouble.

I advise thicker skin.
Right back at ya.

You can't win an argument just by being right!

I warned the board that among all these unvetted immigrants coming to this site claiming to seek refuge, some might cause trouble.

You sound just like Trump.

They're stealing our movies.

Welcome to the human race...
I'm torn. On the one hand, I think a user who's only been here for a little over a year (and took at least three months off out of that) trying to lord it over "one-monthers" is being awfully presumptuous. On the other hand, one of those one-monthers put me on ignore after one argument so how much do I really want to defend them?

I'm torn. On the one hand, I think a user who's only been here for a little over a year (and took at least three months off out of that) trying to lord it over "one-monthers" is being awfully presumptuous. On the other hand, one of those one-monthers put me on ignore after one argument so how much do I really want to defend them?
I really don't extend it any import beyond it's relevance to the original conflict. How long anyone's been here really doesn't matter to this topic.

You don't wanna sound like Hillary Clinton, who can't even beat Donald Trump in a Presidential election.
I'm still glad she lost simply due to the sound of her voice. Misophonia aside, I can't imagine having to listen to that for the next four years. She has one of the most shrill, dis-sonorous, nails-on-blackboard voices and speaking styles I ever heard (and I'm not the first person to say that). They say she engaged in a lot of hours of voice coaching for the debates because even her own supporters and staff said they couldn't stand the sound of her voice and that she needed to do something about it.

You know who's got a great speaking voice? Benjamin Netanyahu. Deep, resonating, sonorous.

Still beats listening to the guy who sounds like he's doing a really bad impression of Bill Murray in Caddyshack.

Just plain un-American not to like a Cinderella transformation story

Long as it isn't something weird like changing genders, Walt Disney would agree I'm sure

Cinderella Story

Trump is essentially a mash-up of Al Czervik and Judge Smails. Oafish nouveau-riche New Yorker meets old-school country-club bigotry.

I dunno if this is what Omni means, but I do think there's a little bit of solace to be taken in the fact that we probably don't have to worry about Trump scheming. He's just blurting things out. I dunno if "honest" is the best word for this, and it comes with a whole host of other problems, but there are other kinds of problems we're used to having with the President, about basic motivation and taking what they say at face value, that don't apply this time.
Not really what I had meant, but a fair point regardless.

"Earnestness" is a better word for what I was getting at.