Help w/movie name

Tools    

OK, I have been asking around on and off about this movie for awhile. Today I have searched and searched and then found this website and maybe someone here can help me.

I think I saw it back in the late 80's, early 90's. The movie was about a woman in the military (I think she was after a promotion, but not sure about that part), and she had to go through some training, if I recall, the training was in a remote location, maybe an island, anyhow........they woman was abused, I think locked in a box, and raped and it was just horrible training. I could have sworn the actor was Amy Madigan, but I searched her films and this movie is not there.

I hope someone can help me with this, I have been wanted to see this again for years but can't recall the name!

Thanks and kindest regards,
Christine

Originally Posted by OG-
G.I. Jane?
No, older than that...thanks...someone has got to know.

I think you're talking about 'The Generals Daughter' with John Travolta.

i agree, and note SPOILERS

did it end with some guy setting off a land mine?

Wanna make out?
I thought it was G.I. Jane as well.

Wanna make out?
The General's Daughter is far too new. And, if I remember correct-a-mundoly, it doesn't involve a young woman being trained on an island.

Originally Posted by TWTAdmirerFromAfar
The General's Daughter is far too new. And, if I remember correct-a-mundoly, it doesn't involve a young woman being trained on an island.
it's not that new...

and btw, yes i do wanna make out

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Originally Posted by christine2448
OK, I have been asking around on and off about this movie for awhile. Today I have searched and searched and then found this website and maybe someone here can help me.

I think I saw it back in the late 80's, early 90's. The movie was about a woman in the military (I think she was after a promotion, but not sure about that part), and she had to go through some training, if I recall, the training was in a remote location, maybe an island, anyhow........they woman was abused, I think locked in a box, and raped and it was just horrible training. I could have sworn the actor was Amy Madigan, but I searched her films and this movie is not there.

I hope someone can help me with this, I have been wanted to see this again for years but can't recall the name!

Thanks and kindest regards,
Christine
I can honestly say that I have no idea what you're talking about.

Could it be Opposing Force?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091688/

Heres the trailer
http://videodetective.com/home.asp?PublishedID=2648
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	opposing.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	3861  
15 years ago, A mop boy named Melvin Junko fell into a case full of toxic waste and became a hideously deformed creature of superhuman size and strength, he became... The Toxic Avenger, the first superhero from New Jersey! Then came two shitty sequels, sorry about that. This is the real sequel.

Wanna make out?
Originally Posted by Michael_myers
it's not that new...

and btw, yes i do wanna make out

Cool, I'll meet you at the old Johnsonville tire burning factory for old, burn-out, one legged, one eyed, one legged, no armed prison wives who went to prison for a crime they comitted.

Movie Forums Member
I'm just guessing here since you only talked about one character, but since you mentioned 80s I saw one from 1986 called Reform School.

If one of the wardens/head leaders was a red haired lady that might be it.

I can still remember these details in it:
I started watching it at a scene where it was dusk out and someone jumped out of a window to commit sucide. Then the other military girls started going insane, tearing the room apart, including pillows.

Later on, the red-head lady has one girl to turn on a fire hose so she can attack someone with it.

In the end, some tough girl (who stops for nothing) gets in a bus and crashes it into the tower the red headed lady's on, all the while she's ranting on she's invincible until the tower catches on fire.