UK TV 2018 - RACE/DIVERSITY

Tools    

I didn't own a tv for a few years. Wow how it's changed. I see now there has to be a black person and an Asian person in absolutely every tv show and advert on British television 24 hours a day

If there is an advert for nappy's, there will be a black baby, an Asian baby, a white baby and a chinese baby in said advert.

roll this across every channel, every tv show, every advert, every billboard.

it is so carefully right.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I think a lot of the industry work takes place in London which is only 40% white British now. In addition to the current political agenda to fill every advert/tv show/movie with a wide range of diversity.

If there is an advert for nappy's, there will be a black baby, an Asian baby, a white baby and a chinese baby in said advert.

roll this across every channel, every tv show, every advert, every billboard.

it is so carefully right.
What's the problem?

What's the problem?
Its not portraying Britain. There are racial quotas to be filled. I would like to think if I was not white I would still have a problem with it, not least because some of these people don't exactly have anything special about them or a terrific screen presence, they have merely ticked a box that says black person.

I even once heard a black comedian talking about this very thing and to summarise what he said was he doesn't mind because he is black so it works for him.. ha ha so funny I couldn't stop laughing.

I think a lot of the industry work takes place in London which is only 40% white British now. In addition to the current political agenda to fill every advert/tv show/movie with a wide range of diversity.
Quite right, London is no longer a British city like John Cleese has said.. and so much is based there, even out government and monarchy, they sold us down the river whilst living in luxury in Notting hill or Buckingham palace. Now Prince Harry got his new bride and don't you know Meghan just loves diversity. I assume places in Britain still relatively white are inherently evil... such is the wonder and beauty of multiculturalism.

I'm not sure how that's a response. You said it doesn't portray Britain, Scarlet's pointing out it portrays the part where they live.

So yeah, sometimes people on the TV don't directly reflect your own personal experience, but instead someone else's. Doesn't seem inherently scandalous to me.

Also, I'm pretty sure "the demographics have changed because of multiculturalism" and "this doesn't represent our demographic" are mutually exclusive complaints.

Oh well good for you, I bet that's nice.
Thanks. Yes, it's lovely. I frequently walk down the street and can hear Romanian, Urdu, Arabic, English, Welsh and Polish all within about 1 minute of each other.

Then I go to the Eastern European deli to get some salami and then to the Korean convenience store to get these lovely dumplings that I fry, and then I pick up some fresh curry leaves and Garam Masala from the local Pakistani food store. It's great living in such a cosmopolitan area.

Thanks. Yes, it's lovely. I frequently walk down the street and can hear Romanian, Urdu, Arabic, English, Welsh and Polish all within about 1 minute of each other.

Then I go to the Eastern European deli to get some salami and then to the Korean convenience store to get these lovely dumplings that I fry, and then I pick up some fresh curry leaves and Garam Masala from the local Pakistani food store. It's great living in such a cosmopolitan area.
So perfect.

Also, I'm pretty sure "the demographics have changed because of multiculturalism" and "this doesn't represent our demographic" are mutually exclusive complaints.
I never said the demographics have changed.. they have but not to the point that national television portrays it

I even once heard a black comedian talking about this very thing and to summarise what he said was he doesn't mind because he is black so it works for him.. ha ha so funny I couldn't stop laughing.
You couldn’t?

I've noticed this in commercials, TV, and movies. Overall it's a great positive except sometimes it's noticeably forced. The key to success will be when it's not forced but rather so natural it no longer becomes noticeable.