Show Me...

Tools    

I'm Anthony, a Frenchman in France.
The bar-tailed godwit (Limosa lapponica) is a large wader in the family Scolopacidae. The genus name Limosa is from Latin and means "muddy", from limus, "mud". The specific lapponica refers to Lapland. The English term "godwit" was first recorded in about 1416–7 and is believed to imitate the bird's call.
The bar-tailed godwit breeds on Arctic coasts and tundra mainly in the Old World, and winters on coasts in temperate and tropical regions of the Old World and of Australia and New Zealand. Its migration includes the longest known non-stop flight of any bird and also the longest journey without pausing to feed by any animal.
The global population is estimated to number 1,099,000-1,149,000 individuals.

"The entire annual journey of a baueri bar-tailed godwit is about 30,000km [18,500 miles]," explains US Geological Survey biologist Lee Tibbetts. "This journey is completed in three non-stop flights over the course of about 20 days of flying."
"The three flights are from non-breeding areas in New Zealand or eastern Australia to staging areas in Asia, from Asia to breeding areas in Alaska, and then from Alaska back to New Zealand," says Tibbetts. "The longest of these flight legs is the one from Alaska to New Zealand and the record for migration distance of it is 11,800km [7,300 miles]."
We are all wondering if long-haul migrants can survive without intact staging areas where they can fatten up
Tibbetts and her colleagues are studying the migration routes of bar-tailed godwits, amid concerns for the future of these long-distance fliers.
"The migration strategy of the bar-tailed godwit only works if their stopover areas can provide enough fuel for their long flights… That is why there is so much recent concern over the destruction and degradation of staging sites in Asia and changes to wetlands and mudflats worldwide from climate change."
"We are all wondering if long-haul migrants can survive without intact staging areas where they can fatten up enough to fly on and to breed. Early indications are that the birds are not adapting fast enough, as measured in survival rates and declining population sizes," she warns.

Show me an image that more or less represents you.

A little like this.

Show me a talent you have.

A little like this:

Show me a blessing in disguise.

A rainy day. Makes the world go green.

SHOW ME - What you consider to be the greatest invention since sliced bread.

SHOW ME - What you consider to be the greatest invention since sliced bread.

At first, I considered it was impossible to identify the greatest human invention on Earth. Then I thought I could have googled it all but I actually didn't feel like it.
Then I thought that the WorldWide Web was one of the greatest invention. Then I realised the WWW as we know it would be nothing without usable electricity (among other inventions):

In 1831 electricity became viable for use in technology when Michael Faraday created the electric dynamo (a crude power generator), which solved the problem of generating electric current in an ongoing and practical way. Faraday’s rather crude invention used a magnet that was moved inside a coil of copper wire, creating a tiny electric current that flowed through the wire.This opened the door to American Thomas Edison and British scientist Joseph Swan who each invented the incandescent filament light bulb in their respective countries in about 1878.

Show me the most powerful woman (in your opinion).

Show me the best gift you could receive this Xmas weekend

Anton - Joyeux Nöel et Bonne Année.

- The best but pretty unlikely gift I could receive:
[IMG]http://media.graytvinc.com/images/810*714/powerball+couple1.jpg[/IMG]

- The best realistic gift I could receive (figuratively speaking):

Show me something to which someone dear to you gives too much importance.

Ugh, husband is obsessed with food & cooking. Everyone in his country is. (And, no, I am not telling you where he is from.)

Show me an annoying trait in your family.

Show me a more or less difficult decision you made.

At a holiday party with fellow musicians and music lovers, someone asked if anyone knew any songs by Pentangle. I know one, but not well, and there was no one else to play guitar like the terrific guy from that group. None the less , I decided to sing this one , making up a few lines as I went along, and was rewarded by being accompanied by a lovely lilting flute.

Watch the Stars

SHOW ME something that turned out better than you expected.

At a holiday party with fellow musicians and music lovers, someone asked if anyone knew any songs by Pentangle. I know one, but not well, and there was no one else to play guitar like the terrific guy from that group. None the less , I decided to sing this one , making up a few lines as I went along, and was rewarded by being accompanied by a lovely lilting flute.
Pentangle had the theme music for a popular British tv show in the late sixties.

SHOW ME something that turned out better than you expected.
I despaired of getting a decent laptop for my volunteer work at church. Mine kept crashing. Finally I offered $200 towards a new one & hey, presto, they found me an existing laptop that doesn’t crash.

Show me something you wish would improve in 2019. For you or the world.

Show me something you wish would improve in 2019. For you or the world.

For me (and indirectly for some other people):

For this world (a major discovery that leads to a global & fast-acting improvement):

Show me a funny selfie.

Never taken a selfie in my life & have no plans to do so.

Show us a selfie.

I meant anyone-but-you's selfie (one you find funny).