Female Beauty We Appreciate

Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.
Cyd Charisse

Saoirse Ronan, whom I've sort of had a crush on since Atonement. She was fantastic in Brooklyn. Seems like the beginnings of an all time great.
She is great, isn't she? Those luminous eyes and that fantastic Irish brogue just make her all the more appealing. She's already got two Oscar nominations under her belt, so I can see more in her future.

Claire Holt:

Same with Chloe
Very nice pic! The pic of Dakota didn't show up for some reason, Dani. I think both Fanning sisters are beautiful, but Dakota is my favorite. I'm thinking, along with other people I've heard, that Elle Fanning is getting more roles than Dakota these days because she's more popular right now. I don't know if that's true but I'd like to see more Dakota in the cinema.

Cyd Charisse
Wow, she's one of my favorite dancing ladies of her era. She had some of the nicest legs in the movies.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Very nice pic! The pic of Dakota didn't show up for some reason, Dani. I think both Fanning sisters are beautiful, but Dakota is my favorite..
I tried again and still failed, dadg. Trying a different one, and I agree - they're both lovely, and that photo of Chloe is just gorgeous

I wear beanies and they look ridiculous. This girlfriend rocks it!

I can't get the image of Chloë or Dakota as children out of my head, which is why I'm always befuddled when friends or people online talk about them as being attractive.

My brain just goes "isnt she 12?", despite my knowing that they're about my age.

Somehow that doesn't happen with Saoirse.

I hadn't realised until recently that Eva Green is naturally blonde – the black hair suits her and definitely adds to her otherworldly look. I really like her, she seems very nice, on top of being so attractive.

Oh god, that's horrible. I love her as an actress but that kind of Look at me stuff they do just makes me want to yell TURN IT OFF! I know some actors like this. They're always switched on the moment the camera starts up.

Still, she's a stunner. Really beautiful.

Have I mentioned Cate yet? Golden Years of Hollywood gorgeous.

Huh.

For some reason I can't get the image of Chloe or Dakota as children out of my head which is why I'm always surprised to see them in more mature roles or why I'm befuddled when friends or people online talk about them being attractive.
I still associate Dakota with Man on Fire and, even earlier, I Am Sam. So I had a similar shock when I saw her in The Runaways -- damn!

I think I've only seen Chloe in Let Me In, so she's right out.

Huh.

For some reason I can't get the image of Chloe or Dakota as children out of my head which is why I'm always surprised to see them in more mature roles or why I'm befuddled when friends or people online talk about them being attractive.

My brain just goes "isn't she like 12?" knowing they're about my age.

Somehow that doesn't happen with Saoirse.
She's an adult.
Hooley dooley. What's wrong with saying she's beautiful. She was even beautiful as a kid.

And a great actress.

Hooley dooley. What's wrong with saying she's beautiful. She was even beautiful as a kid.
Uh, but you do realize that sounds different coming from a man versus from a woman, right?

Uh, but you do realize that sounds different coming from a man versus from a woman, right?
And that is so wrong. PC gone insane. No guy here has made slimey comments that could be misconstrued but one poster earlier said he felt guilty for calling someone pretty. That's just crazy. It's perfectly OK to acknowledge someone is beautiful. I think the kid in The Babadook is beautiful, and a great little actor. Should I be frightened about someone making absurd comments?

And that is so wrong. PC gone insane. No guy here has made slimey comments that could be misconstrued but one poster earlier said he felt guilty for calling someone pretty. That's just crazy. It's perfectly OK to acknowledge someone is beautiful. I think the kid in The Babadook is beautiful, and a great little actor. Should I be frightened about someone making absurd comments?
No, you shouldn't, but I completely understand what Saunch is saying.

I don't know where Saunch is from, but I'm starting to wonder if it's more an American thing?

It's okay to say they're attractive now, but what I'm saying is that when I hear their names come up in this context I think of them in like War or the World or Kick-Ass and go "what?"

It's my own perception of a person, is all.

but I'm starting to wonder if it's more an American thing?
Eh no it's not just an American thing. I see the same thing in my own country. Bloody sad quite frankly, and why The Hunt upset me so much.

Anyway, back to appreciating beauty

The mother goddess. Sagarmatha.

OK wait, I'll post an actress

My dad was so in love with her.

Eh no it's not just an American thing. I see the same thing in my own country. Bloody sad quite frankly, and why The Hunt upset me so much.

Anyway, back to appreciating beauty

The mother goddess. Sagarmatha.

OK wait, I'll post an actress

My dad was so in love with her.
Who is she (the second one, I mean)?

Judy Davis. I have long time crush on her. Such a great actress.

Yeah, I know it's hard to think of the Fannings and Chloe Moretz growing up, but I've seen pics of Chloe taken by those magazines like "US" and the like, where she's out shopping or at the studio and she really looks older than I think of her in the movies. She was in the recent Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising where she wore cut-off jeans and a bikini top and she looked quite adult there also.

The Fannings, well, Dakota, when she was in the "Twilight" movies (yes, I watched ALL of them ) looked very adult. I don't know if I've seen her in anything since. I've seen pics of Elle from the movie Neon Demon and to me, she still looks young. She's nineteen-years-old, so, depending on how you think, she could be considered a teen, but a lot of people consider eighteen the age you legally become an adult. So, I don't know.

Another young actress whom I think is really looking mature at the young age of twenty-one, is Hailee Steinfeld:

In addition to acting, she's got a singing career going. I haven't heard her sing but apparently her last song charted real high and got a lot of her young female movie fans bent out of shape, thinking that she's quitting the movies. But she says she's not, just juggling both careers.

Dani, forgot to post on your pic of Cate Blanchett---I love her like crazy and she's one of my favorite all-time actresses. I think she's beautiful and can play just about any role. With all due respect to your Dad, I've never found Judi Davis to be that attractive but she is one dynamite actress!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Was/is Judy Davis attractive? I can see she's unusual but still I've always found her sexy as all get-out.

Dani, forgot to post on your pic of Cate Blanchett---I love her like crazy and she's one of my favorite all-time actresses. I think she's beautiful and can play just about any role. With all due respect to your Dad, I've never found Judi Davis to be that attractive but she is one dynamite actress!
Hey that's fine, mate. I fell in love with Davis wayyyy back when she was in My Brilliant Career. She came to my school and gave a talk. I was smitten and might have fallen over. My first ever lady crush. I have hair and a death stare just like that. She was my icon.

And yeh Cate is just ridiculous. She's so beautiful. I love her.