Gene Hackman, 94, being hounded by tabloid

Tools    

If you're hitting the gym on a daily or near-daily basis, you should also shower just as frequently.

...there were many articles, including from medical professionals, that stated that showering every day is likely not necessary for the average person, and may even be bad for your skin. .....
I believe it! I do take a shower every day, don't think I could sleep if I didn't...BUT my skin gets very dry.

It sure is. I’m not one for overly doing the laundry. One thing that blows my mind with Americans - and you guys might not know this - is that they launder all brand-new stuff before they will use it. Clothes, bed linen, etc. all go in the washing machine as soon as they get home from the store.

One vlog I follow on you tube was moving to a new house. But before she moved, she literally washed & dried her entire wardrobe. Why???
I know there are good reasons for doing this (as other replies indicate).
But I've never washed new clothes before wearing them.

A funny story along these lines: somehow this came up with my friend's wife, that many years ago my mother had given me a package of underwear she bought for my father because he didn't like the style (they were probably boxer briefs).
Friend's wife says, "You're not going to wear them are you?"
I said, "Of course I am. They're brand new, in the package as if I bought them myself."
She says, "But, they're your father's underwear... that's disgusting!"
I said, "They were only bought for my father, but were never opened. It's no different than if I went out and purchased them for myself."
She says, "But you didn't. They are someone else's underwear - it's disgusting! I'm sure you're going to wash them a few times before wearing them, right?"
I said, "Wash them? They're brand new, never been worn. Why would I wash them?"

And the rest continued much like this conversation!

I know there are good reasons for doing this (as other replies indicate).
But I've never washed new clothes before wearing them.
Which replies? Didn’t see any that addressed this specifically.

Which replies? Didn’t see any that addressed this specifically.
This is my reply from, like, hours ago

It's actually a very good idea, for hygienic and health reasons: