Toshirô Mifune appreciation thread

Tools    

I'm a big fan of Toshirô Mifune, haven't seen all of his movies yet though. He is also a big influence on my personal style.

What is your favourite Toshirô Mifune movie? Mine is Yojimbo, no doubt(of course he might have made a movie that is better that I have not seen yet).

In case you don't know who were talking about: google for him since I can't post links yet.

Mifune rules!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001536/
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Wow, according to ImDb he made 181 movies. I've only seen like four or five, but I loved him in all of them, even Midway.

One of my favorite Mifune influences was on John Belushi in creating his Samurai character.

EDIT: Oh yeah, favorite Mifune film? I'd have to go with Throne of Blood.

So many good movies, so little time.
My Top 15 Toshiro Mifune Movies

1. The Seven Samurai (1954)
2. Roshomon (1950)
3. Samurai Rebellion (1967)
4. The Hidden Fortress (1958)
5. Stray Dog (1949)
6. The Bad Sleep Well (1960)
7. Throne of Blood (1957)
8. Yojimbo (1961)
9. Miyamoto Musashi (1954)
10. Drunken Angel (1948)
11. High and Low (1963)
12. Samurai 2 (1955)
13. Samurai 3 (1956)
14. Sanjuro (1962)
15. The Lower Depths (1957)

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

Hell In The Pacific is my fav Mifune movie (after Seven Samurai, of course).

Boorman is a visual master and the Lee Marvin - Tishiro Mifune duet, wow. These two men are the only actors in the movie. It is a true masterpiece of film.

Love Tishiro. I have been a big fan since childhood.

Red Sun is also fun to watch.

On the wall of my office there are only two pictures of actors. Tishiro Mifune is one (Warren Oates is the other).