Jurassic Park 3

Tools    

Hey, I never said I wouldn't rent the video someday !!

Actually, some great points have been raised. Sometimes a movie is just for fun, just to escape the stress of life. Some of my favorite movies are "fun" while some other favorites deliver a "message".

Maybe I will see the third one in the theater after all. I will always love the original "Jurassic Park", but seeing another version for simply the fun and special effects holds its appeal, too.

This flick is nearing it's release date, and it's looking pretty good. Interesting fact: the "birdcage" scene was originally intended for the first movie, but never survived the cuts. The first might have benefited from some of the variety that would have come with that, but I think it fits here well. This movie looks to be more action-packed than the other two. Less time spent on wonder and drama, and more on dinosaurs chasing/eating people. Hey, fine with me!

Is there supposed to be somekind of dinosour wrestling match in the movie? That's just what I heard.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Saw a thing on ET last night and it looks very cool. One scene the T-Rex looked a little doofy. That's just how it came off to me. They are going back to the Island they went to in the First JP right!? I mean I was kinda lost when they went to a totally different island and all this other crap was goin on. If they go back to the main islans that would be a good end to a good series. And yes the Spinosarus and the T-Rex face each other and probably go at it. Saw a picture of it in my Entertainment Weekly a week or so ago. Had the specs of each of em on there even. Lost World was a little confusing at times, but hopefully with another original cast member returning it will be worth it. And it just happens to be a dinosaur expert. Just like Hammond said in the first one, "Who better to get the kids through Jurassic Park than a dinosaur expert." So see it might just work!!
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

He said that? I don't remember that line. Anyway, I'm pretty sure all three movies take place on the same island, Isla Sorna. EDIT: No, wait, you're right. I remember something vauge about "Site B."

Ok, as said in The Lost World, the island from the first movie, was the Park, Site B(island in the second one) was where they bred the dinosaurs and shipped them to the Park.

Who ya gonna trust on this one, I mean come on...I work in a frickin video store...what else do ya think I do???

I think the first one is overrated - no way it deserved a Picture nom! It was a visual masterpiece caught inside a typical action movie premise. It could have been way, way more. I wish Speilberg had ditched everything in the book except the explanation for how the dinosaurs were made, and just ran with it. Have the people trying to shoot a documentary about dinos or something, and stumbling on this abandoned island. No chase scenes, or crap like that - it's retarded.

I'll probably see this. I hope it's not a piece of raw sewage, like the last one.

Since there's no book to base the third one on it should be worth it. At least the spots for it on tv look pretty good, but you never know. Like i said before, its always good when you get an original cast member back. BTW, is it just me or do the dinos in this one look more monstrous. They don't have their color they had in the first two. They're covered with blood and wanting more. Also, the raptors have feathers. EDIT: Saw another thing on ET about it and they said that just in the last year or so they discovered that raptors did indeed have feathers. So at least they're stickin with the books on this.
[Edited by spdrcr on 07-12-2001]