Mortal Kombat Remake?

Tools    

I know it's still under development but why is taking so long to make? They said at the beginning it was supposed to be much darker and bloodier...I hope that's what their aiming to do with this upcoming reboot.

Not Enough Time
The first Mortal Kombat was one of the first adult movies I saw as a kid and it scared the poop out of me. I still remember leaving the theater with my mom. But then again I also had to leave the Dennis The Menace movie because I was scared. But I was too cool for The Lion King.

"If dreams are like movies then memories are films about ghosts"

The first Mortal Kombat movie I liked. And I say it is the most faithful of the video game movies. Then again most movies based on video games suck hard. Like Super Mario Bros, Tomb Raider and anything done by Uwe Boll

Are you referring to the mini series that was produced and I believed released online, or is there something else in the works that I am unfamiliar with. I do believe the mini-series I have on my mind was renewed for another "season"... if you will...

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
Are you referring to the mini series that was produced and I believed released online, or is there something else in the works that I am unfamiliar with. I do believe the mini-series I have on my mind was renewed for another "season"... if you will...
There was a trailer released a year or so ago of a gritty take on Mortal Kombat. It was created as an example to get an actual move greenlit, I believe.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
That's part of the youTube series I think.
Did they end up doing that? Think that's what OP was referring, regardless.

The first one was good and followed the plot really well. Mostly because MK HAD a plot and even came with a comic book that explained it (you could order it off the address listed on the arcade). Street Fighter at the time only had the plot that Bison was evil and killed Guile's friend and Chun Li's father... so they had to add a lot of nonsense to fill up the hour. Plus there were like 12 good guys and 4 bad guys so they had to make some characters switch sides to even things up.

MK had a firm plot and a more even amount of heroes and villains so it worked. The only thing missing would have an actual Fatality, but I guess back then the R rating would have made a lot of parents not let their kids see it and it would have affected the box office.