Road with trees that meant a lot for a family

Tools    

I remembered a movie, but all I can recall is that a family was driving on a road with trees, and for some reason, this road meant a lot to this family. I think the ending of the movie is also them driving on this road. Sorry but thats all I can remember.

In addition to the usual questions (How long ago did you see it? Was it new then or not? If old, was it in black & white? Were there two parents or just one? Children? Other family members? etc.), how did the trees relate to the road?

I am not suggesting that you try to describe what the road looked like. Instead, go to images.google.com, enter "road with trees" and pick the image that looks closest to what appeared in the movie. If nothing looks right, try "road through trees". If you can find an image that resembles the road in the movie, sharing it with the community might twig someone's memory.

It sounds like you might be thinking of the movie "The Tree of Life" directed by Terrence Malick, which was released in 2011. The film features a family and includes significant scenes involving a road lined with trees. The road holds symbolic importance for the family, and the ending does indeed involve them driving on this road.