Has the world gone mad?

Tools    

I actually don't believe that Trump is a convert. It's a front to win over the Christian voters, especially the Evangelicals. Trump isn't even really a conservative, going by my understanding of the definition, but he plays one on television.
Well he's a politician for Heaven's sake. Is there even one politician out there who doesn't lie through his/her teeth to gain votes?

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Except for on this forum, I've never seen Trump referred to as a christian.
Come hang out in the Southern U.S. He's doing God's work, down here.

=\

Regarding Trump as a recent pillar of Christian values... be wary of False Profits.
Yes. Don Schneider may have a point about Christians being forgiving, but I doubt any view Trump as born again or even a Prodigal Son returning to the fold (Christians aren't THAT stupid).

In the final election, Christians, like everyone else, weren't given much choice - about the worst two candidates possible.
But why they chose Trump over a bevy of other conservative Republican candidates is beyond me. My guess is that people were just tired of liberal Democrat policies and Trump seemed to be the extreme in the opposite direction.

Come hang out in the Southern U.S. He's doing God's work, down here.

=\

Love Dumb and Dumber, the scene where they are riding the bike and it's freezing, one of them has frozen snot icicles!! Soooo funny!!

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Yes. Don Schneider may have a point about Christians being forgiving, but I doubt any view Trump as born again or even a Prodigal Son returning to the fold (Christians aren't THAT stupid).

In the final election, Christians, like everyone else, weren't given much choice - about the worst two candidates possible.
But why they chose Trump over a bevy of other conservative Republican candidates is beyond me. My guess is that people were just tired of liberal Democrat policies and Trump seemed to be the extreme in the opposite direction.

My invitation above still stands
People here do actually believe he is born again. That may be mostly in the older generation (60+), but it is a real thing.

*EDIT*
That group voted partly because he was an outsider for them to 'drain the swamp.' They also believed Obama is a Muslim, born in Kenya, sworn to undermine the American way. A photo-op in prayer was all that was needed to convince the Florida pan-handle and surrounding rural areas. I think the vote was in reaction to how they felt the country was moving. I can't speak for all, but I know those were huge factors here.

hm. I keep rereading this post and I can't stop feeling as though I'm being judgmental or antagonistic. I really am only speaking from my observations in area trends and day-to-day conversations that I've been a part of for the past several years. If this reply is out of line, or too far off topic please let me know. I'll probably continue to refine the text as I get time throughout the day.....

People here do actually believe he is born again. That may be mostly in the older generation (60+), but it is a real thing.

*EDIT*
That group voted partly because he was an outsider for them to 'drain the swamp.' They also believed Obama is a Muslim, born in Kenya, sworn to undermine the American way. A photo-op in prayer was all that was needed to convince the Florida pan-handle and surrounding rural areas. I think the vote was in reaction to how they felt the country was moving. I can't speak for all, but I know those were huge factors here.
Oh, I'm sure some people do believe that, but I don't think the majority of Christian voters do. Most didn't vote for him based on his religion or religious views (I've personally, never heard him state any religious views), but rather for his promises to return the country to more conservative values and the rule of law. And as far as voters in general - I think a good deal that voted for him did so ONLY to avoid the alternative.

*EDIT* Obama WAS a Muslim. at least during his childhood, there is still some evidence that he MAY have been born in Kenya, and he did undermine the American way.

*EDIT*

hm. I keep rereading this post and I can't stop feeling as though I'm being judgmental or antagonistic. I really am only speaking from my observations in area trends and day-to-day conversations that I've been a part of for the past several years. If this reply is out of line, or too far off topic please let me know. I'll probably continue to refine the text as I get time throughout the day.....
Obama also bowed down before the king of Saudi Arabia, who is custodian of the mosques of Mecca and medina. But he didn't before the pope !! After that, even I began to suspect Obama's Islamic affiliations.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...di-Arabia.html

You can't win an argument just by being right!
My mum says' the world hasn't gone mad, it's some of the people in it'. ( she's a retired solicitor and has dealt with some really awful people).
Very wise woman. I actually think it's worse than that. The idiocracy has taken over. People don't seem to be able to read between the lines with the manipulation of people like Rupert Murdoch. And coincidentally, this just popped up on my feed. I thought it was appropriate

This thread started with a C.S. Lewis quote and worked its way to Anton LaVey.

Fun thread.

This thread started with a C.S. Lewis quote and worked its way to Anton LaVey.

Fun thread.
Good call....and like you said on your Twitter account, this is just the Terrorist thread redressed, with the same group, graffiting the same message on the walls of MoFo.

Sure is .... I blame the declining use of imagination as children - some seem to be overcompensating by going into overdrive when adults instead.

p.s. Obama is actually Batman 'cos his name has "bam" in the middle, can't get much more proof than that can ya!

Sure is .... I blame the declining use of imagination as children - some seem to be overcompensating by going into overdrive when adults instead.
Spot on.

Good call....and like you said on your Twitter account, this is just the Terrorist thread redressed, with the same group, graffiting the same message on the walls of MoFo.
The topic doesn't go away because the issue hasn't gone away. Outside this forum in the real world the issue of terrorism still exists.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
*EDIT* Obama WAS a Muslim. at least during his childhood, there is still some evidence that he MAY have been born in Kenya, and he did undermine the American way.
Oh Boy - here we go again.

Good grief. Pizzagate all over again.

What part are you questioning? Okay, I guess you could argue that a child can't have a religion if they don't have the mental maturity to understand religion (which would mean that all children only have religious affiliation in name only as assigned by their parents - which was the case with Obama on his school records in Indonesia). Can we at least agree that Barry was raised Muslim when living in Indonesia with his Muslim step-father? His relatives & neighbors attest that he and his family attended mosque - perhaps not in a devout fashion, but attend they did.

What's the big deal anyway? After divorcing Barry's biological father (a non-practicing Muslim from Kenya) his mom married another Muslim man from Indonesia, moved to Indonesia and Barry was raised in a Muslim family setting and immersed in the country's Islamic faith for a few years. So what?

What part are you questioning? Okay, I guess you could argue that a child can't have a religion if they don't have the mental maturity to understand religion (which would mean that all children only have religious affiliation in name only as assigned by their parents - which was the case with Obama on his school records in Indonesia). Can we at least agree that Barry was raised Muslim when living in Indonesia with his Muslim step-father? His relatives & neighbors attest that he and his family attended mosque - perhaps not in a devout fashion, but attend they did.

What's the big deal anyway? After divorcing Barry's biological father (a non-practicing Muslim from Kenya) his mom married another Muslim man from Indonesia, moved to Indonesia and Barry was raised in a Muslim family setting and immersed in the country's Islamic faith for a few years. So what?
The senior Obama had not told junior Obama's mother that he had not divorced his wife back home who was raising two children. So does the marriage of Obama's parents even last in the eyes of the law in America where bigamy is not allowed ?