Top cult movie

Tools    

Rocky Horror Picture Show and Star Wars.

Lost in never never land
Originally Posted by thejosh3585
Rocky Horror Picture Show and Star Wars.
I can see The Rocky Horror Picture Show being a cult film, but Star Wars isn't a cult film in my mind. A cult film needs to have a small fanatic following. While Star Wars does have a fanatic following, most people have seen the Star Wars movies.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

The Fabulous Sausage Man
Star Wars isn't a cult film in any way, shape or form.

I think one of the reasons why people are slo confused by the definition is because "cult" is the latest buzzword - it seems that every bloody film coming out nowadays is all ready a "cult"...

A cult classic would be any movie that has a small devoted group of fans. A movie that is only interesting to that small devoted group. As Holden pointed out, many of the movies labled cult classic such as Pulp Fiction which everyone loves, are in fact not cult classics. However what I dont agree with that Holden said is a movie, such as the Rockie Horror Picture show which is THE cult classic, can ever lose its cult classic status. I.E. The Rocky Horror Picture show was a cult classic when it came out, just because its fame as a cult classic has pushed it beyond that today, I dont think anything should be taken away from it and it should be deemed a mainstream movie.
Although the Coyote is far supirior in intellect, Roadrunner always wins. Why is that? Wiley always puts forth his best effort, and no matter what, he always loses to a moron. I guess im sort of like Roadrunner. I just get by on dumb luck.

-The Collection-

Is Plan 9 from outer Space still cult? I mean, you can get the DVD from Virgin now. Hell, you can get any movie on DVD from Virgin. To be cult these days you'd probably have to film your movie in Ukranian and only show it once to your immediate family before burning the negatives.
If Plan 9 is, then that. I love that movie, the dialogue, the sets, the godawful acting and the nonsensical plot. Ed Woods managed to elevate the bad movie to an art with nothing at his disposal but a handful of fading stars and friends, the backing of a local church, a metric tonne of self-belief and the cooling corpse of Bella Lugosi.

Also, Brazil. I'm fairly sure that's still cult.

Nemesis Game
Ginger Snaps (1 + 2)

Me being from Jersey I have to say Clerks no doubt about it ny favorite cult film

You Want to know what the best cult film ever is, do ya.......its: The Big Lebowski

(greatest comedy of all time)

Originally Posted by Purandara88
Jubilee
Just looked that up on IMDb, seems fascinating. Toyah Willcox and Richard O'Brien. Man, I have to track down a copy now.

Criterion Collection

Ergo, not difficult to find. The acting is shaky at times, which you might expect, but it's a visceral experience.

Define Cult though? What makes it a cult movie?... is waynes world a cult film?..

also the cult films we hear about are the ones that changed the movie industry such as, Pulp fiction - Screen play, - Star wars - Technical Effects, - -- that sorta thing, is clock work orange a cult classic? or is it just a coutner cultuar endevour?

what about - One flew over the Cuckoo's nest? - 1975...

that movie is talked about quite a bit... Full metal jacket even?

The Legend of Billy Jean

My picks are:

Cannibal Holocaust
Maniac
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Blair Witch Project
The Last Broadcast

primative screwhead
i have to agree with Evil Dead and Bad Taste . Especially Bad Taste...hilarious movie. peter jackson won my heart in this one
Originally Posted by MinionTV

Eraserhead

The Dark Crystal

Labyrinth

Evil Dead

Brain Dead

Bad Taste

hmmm. This list could go on forever. This is going on the fact that when I mention these movies to people they either haven't heard of it or hate it so much that a needle inserted into the pupil is more preferable to a second viewing.

Donnie Darko and Dark City maybe

i have to think about some more later

The Warriors was a cult classic