Swept Away

Tools    

I have just seen the trailer for Guy Ritchie [Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch]'s new film, Swept Away, which stars Madonna, his wife.

But enough expository rubbish [like it was very expository anyhow]: I haven't seen the original, so I can't judge on what I saw was very good, bad or ugly. I can say how different and yet at the same time [ever so slightly] similar it is to Ritchie's style [a man discusses smiling, watch the trailer, it seems like something Bullet Tooth Tony would do].

I look forward to seeing it because it's Ritchie. One may call it his make or break film. One may not. Oh, well. What do you all think?

hmm, before i saw snatch, shocked, disgusted, outraged, these all describe my initial reaction to the news that madonna and her husband were doing a remake of this lina wertmuller classic. having, seen snatch however, and approved, i'll give this film the benefit of the doubt until its release, but it still doesnt sit well. kind of an odd film for ritchie to tackle, really dont think he has it in him to do the original justice, but i'd imagine that's not what he's going for anyway.
well as long as these chumps keep their dirty mits off 'love and anarchy' and 'seven beauties', i wont complain too much.