Bitten

→ in
Tools    

Release Date: July 6th, 2010 (USA, DVD)

Genre: Comedy / Horror

Stars: Jason Mewes, Erica Cox, Richard Fitzpatrick

Synopsis: A twenty-something paramedic named Jack (Jason Mewes) finds an attractive young lady later named Danika (Erica Cox) in the alley outside his apartment who appears to have had her neck bitten by something. She refuses to be taken to the hospital and Jack obligingly takes her in and nurses her back to health.

The two are immediately drawn to each other and fall in love quickly which is just as swiftly complicated by the fact that Danika has developed an overwhelming thirst for human blood. Jack is then conflicted by how far he is willing to go to be with the woman he loves.

Richard Fitzpatrick plays the part of Jack's crude co-worker Roger, an older man who is used to providing lots of advice especially pertaining to Jack's love life. Roger becomes increasingly suspicious that there is something wrong when Jack begins to act strangely at work.

Positives: The plot was surprisingly well thought out and detail oriented unlike many films of this nature. For example the fact that Jack is a paramedic would naturally make him less sensitive to large amounts of blood and dead bodies.

Richard Fitzpatrick is excellent in his role as Jack's perverted friend and co-worker and was responsible for the majority of the laughs in this flick. The guys who played the drug dealers that sell outside Jack's apartment were great as well.

Negatives: Jason Mewes and Erica Cox may be nice to look at but they cannot act a lick. Scenes with just the two of them were like watching a bad high school play. When they acted with the more professional supporting cast they looked even more ridiculous.

The soundtrack has got to be one of the worst in movie history. There are a lot worse films that do not have soundtracks as heinous and distracting as this one.

Overall: I am saddened by the decision to cast Mewes and Cox in these roles because besides their miserable performances (and the soundtrack), I really liked this film. This film has enough laughs to earn it's comedy label but is not nearly scary enough to be classified as horror.

I'm interested if anybody else who has seen this film would agree with me that an otherwise decent film was utterly ruined by the Mewes-Cox casting decision.

Let me know what you think.

Haven't seen it, but sounds like something I would like to watch.

But never liked Jason Mewes outside of the the View Askewniverse.. especially in those terrible RomComs.. but this looks different.

Thanks for the review.