The Royal Tenenbaums

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Hmmm,
I wouldn't get steamed over someone not falling in love with a movie you think is brilliant. I mean everyone has a different taste in movies. No need to get hostile with someone.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Holden Pike
"And thanks, for calling me friend" is a line from a Bill Murray movie. It is a tad sarcastic, so you probably hate it and therefore don't remember it. On the other hand, you're a self-proclaimed biggest Bill Murray fan in the world, so mayhaps it should ring a bell...or at least honk a horn ("Sometimes their noses are horns").
Quick Change was so bad, though (and it was a tad obscure as that was somewhat of a throwaway line) that you can't fault someone for missing it.

Different tastes again, but I think Quick Change is hysterical. It's one of my favorites, for sure. It'd be in my top ten or so for '90s comedys.

JOHNNY (Stanley Tucci): This ain't my d!ck in your back.

GRIMM (Bill Murray): That's a relief.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I thought it had some funny moments, but as an overall movie, I didn't care for it that much. Watchable and good for a few laughs, but nothing I'd go out of my way to see again (but if it was on HBO or something, I might sit and watch some of it). Certainly not the best (or anywhere near the worst) from the Bill Murray collection.

As for Rushmore, I liked it a lot, but I don't have the same love for it as some do. While I loved Swartzman and Murray, I also thought Olivia Williams was a little dour and there were a couple of places I thought the movie dragged just a little bit (very little bit). I also give it a few extra points since it had so many Texans i it and it was filmed largely in Texas.

So I guess I'm in the middle of the arguing folks 'round here 'bout Rushmore.

I am excited about the Royal Tennenbaums.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Holden, you are the man!!!

Now With Moveable Parts
At the risk of sounding like a complete bitch... I thought Holden's rebuttle to bigvalboski, was just about the funniest post I have ever read. Rarely do I come on this site and laugh out loud...but I sure as hell did with that first comment about jokes. Oh, man. The only other time I laughed at a post like that was ryanpaige's," Unicorns are gay." and OG's current avatar. If T would just give me the job of deeming posts worthy of awards(hint-hint) I would deem Holden's point-by-point attack, something of a classic.

bigval-please don't read his post as a personal attack, just see it as it is what it is, a colorful way of expressing one's opinion. Just as my admiration of it, is nothing against you, or your opinions.

sadesdrk joins Holden Pike on my ignore list...

Now With Moveable Parts
Oh no...no, no, no...don't do that. Aw c'mon. There's nothing to get sore over. I just have to give comic credit where comic credit is due. Shucks bigval, I like you...don't be a snivelpuss. We're all friends here...it was funny, ya gotta admit it was FUNNY! Now I've been on the business end of some of Holden's wit...but after awhile, it grows on ya, like that green mold on leftovers...C'MON bigval...Am I gonna have yo punch you?! Why I otta...

You have green mold growing on you?

I'm so turned on

Now With Moveable Parts
Yes...everytime Holden insults my intelligence, more green mold. I have quite a lot of it now...you really should see it sometime.

ANYHOO...

heh-heh.

ok bigvalbowski

im going to be the only one here who isnt an *** and tell you why the main character is so loveable

he seriously f*cked up not because of his personality but because of his mothers death, which was a topic somewhat glazed over in the movie (which is why i like it)

i adore all movies that make you think and this one is definately a flick that didnt spoon feed me my morals. kudos.

how can you not like a flim that has bill murray? its damn near impossible, i mean..... he blocks the damn kid's basketball shot!
its hillarious, stop questioning it and just enjoy

I have a lot of trouble finding a Bill Murray movie I don't enjoy watching...though they do exist, surely. "What About Bob?" is a family favorite...practically an heirloom. Oh, BTW: Welcome to MovieForums.com, and don't swear.

i can see how swearing would bother you?

but alright, whatever

Originally posted by DoubleShot2XL
i can see how swearing would bother you?
Do you mean you can't see why? Well, why would swearing bother anyone? It's vulgar. Some people don't want to hear it. I personally am not a big fan of swearing (I wish I didn't swear as often as I do)...but, more importantly, I want this site to be appropriate for the majority of people out there. Is it really all that surprising?