Are You A Psychopath?

Tools    

But the thing is, is he actually sane or does he think he's sane?
He's sane. You can be a psychopath and insane, but being a psychopath doesn't make you insane.

Got a 52% - disappointed, was hoping I'd get a higher score

The tests for sociopathy and psychopathy are identical. I wonder how doctors differentiate between them?
There's no clinical difference in the terms - sociopath is just a more modern term. In pop culture there's supposedly a "difference" (ex. "sociopaths" are more loose-canon while "psychopaths" are more cold and calculating) but it's got no clinical meaning.

I scored 36% - Pretty disappointed with that too, ha ha.

One of the things that keeps me low on that spectrum has got to be how empathetic I am...I still tear up watching Titanic for god sakes!

WOW! I just seen this thread, took the test and read all of your results. Hard to believe some of you scored so high which in this case is not a winning score.

I scored very low.
Your score 9%

"You are warm and empathic with a heightened awareness of social responsibility and a strong sense of conscience. You like to carefully weigh up the pros and cons of a situation before you act and are generally averse to taking risks. You are very much a ‘people person’ and dislike conflict. ‘Do unto others…’ are your watchwords. But, although you avoid hurting others, those residing at the higher end of the psychopathic spectrum might not be as considerate, so stay vigilant to avoid being hurt unnecessarily."

And that description fits me to a tee.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
I got 42%. Sounds about right. I wouldn't have minded a 50 or 60% though.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I got 30%

"You are warm and empathic with a heightened awareness of social responsibility and a strong sense of conscience. You like to carefully weigh up the pros and cons of a situation before you act and are generally averse to taking risks. You are very much a ‘people person’ and dislike conflict. ‘Do unto others…’ are your watchwords. But, although you avoid hurting others, those residing at the higher end of the psychopathic spectrum might not be as considerate, so stay vigilant to avoid being hurt unnecessarily."

That sounds pretty accurate to me.

WOW! I just seen this thread, took the test and read all of your results. Hard to believe some of you scored so high which in this case is not a winning score.
WOW! It's actually quite a bogus test. For example one of the questions which raises your score if you agree is:

“It would be fun to drive fast cars, ride rollercoasters and go skydiving.”

Another one is:

"My ability to make quick decisions means I would suit a dangerous job"

--

Apparently being a quick decision maker, or liking rollercoasters makes you a psychopath... who would've thunk it? And anyone who's served in combat, or participated in a martial arts tournament must be a psychopath too since they know how to "stay cool under pressure".

I'd say it's about as reliable as one of those online IQ tests you can find on Facebook or OkCupid.

And based on the actual flawed questions asked, a "normal" person would score somewhere close to 50%, while someone who gets a zero would essentially be an incredibly boring person with little to no ambitions in life (ex. a person who can't make quick decisions, or who can't stay cool under pressure is going to have a hard time handling relationships or workplace conflict, and will probably get passed over for promotions).

I agree any online test is more for fun, but many of the questions are revealing.
I agree that the two test questions that you mention would have no real bearing on a test.
I disagree a 50% result is normal. Many of the questions were clearly about how much empathy a person has, questions from the test:

"I'd have no problem cheating on my partner if I knew I could get away with it."
Disagree 1 2 3 4 Agree

"I don't get bothered by seeing animals injured or in pain." Disagree 1 2 3 4 Agree

"I think it's OK to step over other people to achieve my own ambitions."
Disagree 1 2 3 4 Agree

"I'm very persuasive and getting people to do what I want is a real talent of mine." Disagree 1 2 3 4 Agree

"If someone gets conned who cares there asking for it."
Disagree 1 2 3 4 Agree

"I'm rarely to blame for things going wrong, it's usually the fault of the people around me."
Disagree 1 2 3 4 Agree

I'm curious as to how you answered those 6 questions? What would you give each of those 1 or 2 or 3 or 4

Just bold your answer, like I did.

I agree any online test is more for fun, but many of the questions are revealing.
I agree that the two test questions that you mention would have no real bearing on a test.
I disagree a 50% result is normal. Many of the questions were clearly about how much empathy a person has, questions from the test:

"I'd have no problem cheating on my partner if I knew I could get away with it."
Disagree 1 2 3 4 Agree

"I don't get bothered by seeing animals injured or in pain." Disagree 1 2 3 4 Agree

"I think it's OK to step over other people to achieve my own ambitions."
Disagree 1 2 3 4 Agree

"I'm very persuasive and getting people to do what I want is a real talent of mine." Disagree 1 2 3 4 Agree

"If someone gets conned who cares there asking for it."
Disagree 1 2 3 4 Agree

"I'm rarely to blame for things going wrong, it's usually the fault of the people around me."
Disagree 1 2 3 4 Agree

I'm curious as to how you answered those 6 questions? What would you give each of those 1 or 2 or 3 or 4
The "persuasive" question is another flawed one. That would mean that any politician, anyone who works in sales or marketing, any motivational speaker, religious leader, foreign ambassador, lawyer, entrepreneur, sports coach, professor, personal trainer, charity fundraiser, etc etc etc is a psychopath.

The other 5 are the only ones in the test which deal with actual psychopathic traits - I answered 'disagree' to all of them and got a 52%

I scored very low.
Your score 9%

And that description fits me to a tee.
I got 3%. I'm glad I'm not the only person here under 10%.

I got 3%. I'm glad I'm not the only person here under 10%.
Based on the actual questions and scoring method on this test you shouldn't be.

Why would a person be glad if they're "not very persuasive" or "unable to make quick decisions"?

That'd be like being "glad I'm not a vegetarian" just because Hitler was one also.

Basically from what I heard in Martha Stout's audiobook - a lot of psychopaths have less anxiety than many people, so they'd be more willing to do "risky" things (like "gasp" riding rollercoasters, or working in a "dangerous job") - which might scare some people off.

But liking rollercoasters or sports cars on it's own wouldn't indicate a psychopath (that's "guilt by association") - that's why the test is majorly flawed - since only 5 of the questions deal with traits which are psychopathic in and of their own.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
100%.....................nah 36% really.